Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I'm a new member of triumphrat.net, so first of all a big hello to everyone!

I've owned an 04 bonnie black since august this year and love it to bits! One issue I have had though is trying to do the maintenance on my own :( e.g. lubing the chain can be a right pain!

I was recently looking for a rear paddock stand as a cheap option of being able to do maintenance at home, and rather hastily bought one of the basic rear paddock stands whilst at the bike show (similar to this).

Now I have a horrible feeling this may have been a bit of a foolish buy, what with the standard exhausts I have on my bonnie as having had a quick bash it seems unlikely this would fit.

Can anyone confirm I'm that these are the right / wrong types of paddock stand for a bonnie?...

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Having read through the forum's posts a bit more, I guess the response I will get is to fit a centre stand to the bike. Issue with this is cost at the moment more than anything, has anyone got any suggestions on suitable rear paddock stands (if the one I have posted is duff!)?

·
Vendor
2,337 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There was a company a while back who used to sell paddock stands specifically for the Bonnies and America, it would attach to the holes where the center stand fits. I bought one and it's great, only takes two minutes to fit and remove.

Unfortunately they're not on ebay any more and I don't know anyone else that makes them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts