Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2002 silver/scarlet Bonnie I'm considering swapping the scarlet front fender for a shorter silver fender, and the oem rear (scarlet) fender for a shorter silver fender (Thruxton length).
Since there are quite a few fenders for newer Bonnevilles available on Ebay, I would like to know if the rear fenders for 2016-2019 models will fit a carbed Bonnie.

Regards
David, Mandal, Norway

·
Registered
115 Posts
Pretty sure that's a negative. Replaced my fender with a motone mudguard and they made a distinction between air and water-cooled. There's not much that is a direct swap from one side to the other of 2016.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks, I suspected so, but at least I hoped 2001-2016 rear fenders/mudguards were interchangeable. :unsure:
I can't speak with any authority on that one, but I think there's a good chance they will work from 15 on down, there weren't a ton on changes to outside dimensions on the air cooled line.

In fact, just did a quick search and looks like you're good to go. Carbs make no difference.

·
Registered
115 Posts
As far as thrux to Bonnie, not so sure. But its not very hard to bob a bonnie fender or buy one already sliced down like I did. Give it a search, you'll find lots of info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts