Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, was/am leaning very hard to buying a Scrambler as I just love the look and takes me back 30 years to my Honda Scrambler. Don't plan on taking it off road as I have other bikes for that. So which one is best for some just plain fun rid'n on the mountain and back roads. Also, can get an 08 Scram at a decent price new but thought maybe I should go for an 09 for the EFI. Just not many at the dealers and none can get the green. So what are the thoughts of Bonne VS Scram?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I've had both, an 05 Bonnie Black and now a Scrambler. You really can't go wrong with either. I will keep my Scram forever. I like carbs. That's my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
You can't lose with either bike.

I originally went to the dealer to look at a Bonneville T100. And all was going well until I spotted the Scrambler in the corner. It imediately won me over.

Others have been spellbound by the Bonny. Everyone has their own story and it sounds like you will too. Let us know which way you go, or shoulld I say, "go your own way"?:cool:

PJB

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Bonne/ Scram

My 1st bike was a 65 Bonne. I then got a 305 Scrambler- LOVED IT!! The new Triumph scram is just too heavy for real off road fun! Love the looks tho!! Got another Bonne & wouldnt part w/ it for notta!! Might be fun to make some scram strait pipes for a Bonne & have some fun tho?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Scrambler in an old school red and white or blue and white, preferably an '06 with the brushed aluminum engine if you can find a good deal on one.... get a better set of pipes so she sounds as good as she looks and you'll be Knievel, McQueen style cool..... it's a lot of fun to ride and will undoubtedly be a collectable some day, but the cool factor and smiles per mile just can't be beat.....

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've owned both, a 2001 Bonnie & a 2006 Blue/White Scrambler (fastest color). I must say that I loved my 2001 Bonnie and wish I had never sold her. Moving forward, I love my Scrambler and this is one bike that I plan to own forever. Pull the airbox, open the exaust and its a whole lot of fun.

Mr.T

·
Registered
267 Posts
My scrambler is a blast don't get me wrong, however the 360 degree motor is better at 70 mph + highway speeds. I know I'll take some flak for this but, in stock form it's true. If I had it to do it again I'd buy a new fuel inj. thruxton ,slap a zard 2 into 1 high pipe, tt bars and shod it with metzler tourance tires-19 inch front rim. I'd appreciate no cold shots from other fellow scrambler riders it's just my own thoughts.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ah…..the dilemma

I asked this same question to the Rat forum late last year - the advice I took was "...walk into the showroom - one of them will 'speak' to you more than the other - buy that one". That 'one' for me was the Scram.

I only off-road riding I do is when I get lost and end up on a dirt/unkept road - on those occassions it's nice to have the knobby tyres and a little bit of extra road clearance that the Scrambler affords.

Having said that you can't go wrong either way. Good luck and welcome to the club!

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Well my reason for getting one was to slow me down a bit from the licence risking Daytona. Tried riding a T100 and a Scrambler back to back at the local dealers and loved the 270 degree engine on the Scrambler. It felt and sounded right to me. When I got on the T100 after, I found it pleasant, but also a little dull and uninvolving(no offence meant!) I don't need any extra power, the Scrambler's got enough grunt to get me where I want and it'll sit at 80 comfortably on the motorway if that's your thing, although it's much more fun taking the scenic route, anyway (I also tend to get lost quite a bit and wanted to be able to go mildly 'off road' without too much worrying)

Just get yourself down to the dealer and try them both out. One of them will appeal to you and that'll be the one for you. Whichever one you choose, have fun (and don't forget the piccies!)

bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts