Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1261 - 1277 of 1277 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put on Norman Hyde Clubman Bars....I used Thruxton risers to bring them up a little higher than the stock T100 risers (2003)

Here is a good look at the Thruxton risers, they brought the bars up about an inch

I switched out the T100 dual instrument cluster for the single look.....I purchased just the housing and warning lights and re-used my original speedo from my dual cluster gauge. Those are the original miles

·
Registered
458 Posts
your bike looks like an SE, which would mean 7/8" bars, all I can find is 1" bars in Fast trackers, where did you get those?
Dime City Cycles has a decent selection of 7/8" bars. I recently picked up a 10 Scrambler and was looking for a similar bar and got these:

·
Registered
202 Posts
An old question but anyhow, here is my bike with the LSL Flat Tracker bars. The original cables worked with some fidgeting.

View attachment 719315
That`s the look I`m going for. No clearance issues with the master cylinder? I`m also looking at TC Bros. 1" Tracker Handlebars, if anyone has experience with them. Biltwell trackers are too aggressive, I want to sit up more.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, quick question about my 2012 Scrambler. I'd like to get the Biltwell Moto bars (7/8") and was wondering what to do with the bar ends. I'm guessing the existing bar ends from my Scram won't fit as they have that built-in insert. If that's the case, do I just buy a new set of bar end weights (I assume they're universal and would fit?) or buy a set of bar end mirrors to plug the ends?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hi, quick question about my 2012 Scrambler. I'd like to get the Biltwell Moto bars (7/8") and was wondering what to do with the bar ends. I'm guessing the existing bar ends from my Scram won't fit as they have that built-in insert. If that's the case, do I just buy a new set of bar end weights (I assume they're universal and would fit?) or buy a set of bar end mirrors to plug the ends?
I have Biltwell 1" Trackers and posted this some time ago .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does anyone have ProTaper SE Low bars on their Bonneville? I've got the TC Tracker bars on my mag wheel right now and I like them but I'd like to try something a bit lower and wider. There's a lot of posts in the thread and I haven't gotten all the way through yet, but if anyone has the SE Low could you post pictures or let me know if the stock cables fit fine?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dime City Cycles has a decent selection of 7/8" bars. I recently picked up a 10 Scrambler and was looking for a similar bar and got these:

Hi Testudo,
Those must look good on a Scrambler. I was looking for something like that but did not find them in the Netherlands. For the moment I fitted a mini ape, closest I could find to what I was looking for. It has a little more pull back than the one you selected 8" and a higher rise, 7,5" . I know it looks a bit 70's but the ride is amazing. I might keep it for a while and order a costum made looking more like a flat track with dimensions close to the mini ape. Although I might get addicted to the ape thing.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi Testudo,
Those must look good on a Scrambler. I was looking for something like that but did not find them in the Netherlands. For the moment I fitted a mini ape, closest I could find to what I was looking for. It has a little more pull back than the one you selected 8" and a higher rise, 7,5" . I know it looks a bit 70's but the ride is amazing. I might keep it for a while and order a costum made looking more like a flat track with dimensions close to the mini ape. Although I might get addicted to the ape thing.
Tanamera --

I need to see some pics of apes on a Scrambler! Please post.

I haven't done apes since my last Harley build which was quite a few years ago:

Not the best pics but I really like the tracker look of the DCC bars:

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Goood looking scrambler, I also like the HD. On request some pics. I'm getting used to it, also the look. Went for a drive yesterday evening and it feels better than the original scrambler bars with 3.5 risers. More relaxed driving.

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Goood looking scrambler, I also like the HD. On request some pics. I'm getting used to it, also the look. Went for a drive yesterday evening and it feels better than the original scrambler bars with 3.5 risers. More relaxed driving. View attachment 728899
Thank you kindly.

I dig the mini apes. Definitely a different look but not over the top like some apes can be. I see then all the time around here - dudes practically swinging on them as they go down the road...

I can see how those are more comfortable. I did not like the stock bars at all which got me looking for something with a bit more pullback and the DCCs fit that bill.

Nice Scrambler, Tanamera!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a tall guy (6'4') with pretty wide shoulders. My '06 Bonneville has never been very comfortable on long rides since I bought it new. Bars need less pull back or need to be wider so that my wrists can be as straight as possible relative to my forearms. I tend to slide my hands out to the very outside of the grips, even off the end a bit. I've been running Napoleon bar end mirrors since new, bolted into the attachment hole in the stock bars for the end caps/weights.

Any suggestions? Getting back into the Triumph thing and want to do some of the mods that I never got to. I suspect my 'research' from 10-15 years ago is outdated. Lots of new products, and some of the old stuff is probably gone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a similar issue, the standard bars on my 2012 T100 were too narrow and they turned my wrists outwards, I was getting numb hands and having to stop every 30 miles or so to shake my arms back to life. Rather than just buy new bars on-line, which might have the same problem, I went up to M&Ps in Swansea where a very patient sales guy brought out every 1" aftermarket handlebars they had in stock, one at a time (covid meant this was in a very wet car park) so I could try them. I found the perfect set, from end to end measuring straight across they are 4" wider but due to a lower rise, all the cables, wiring and hoses fit no problem with no stress on them. This has cured the numb hands and improved the riding position. See pic.
20210408_180116.jpg

·
Registered
Bonneville Black 2011 customised 904cc, 11:1, 813c cams, 44mm Street Triple TBs , TEC 2 into 1
529 Posts
I am in the process of making my 2011 Bonnie more upright with longer travel suspension soI ins5alled Protaper Adventure bars, Rox 50mm higher bar pivot mounts, converted to 7/8” throttle and grips. I also installed pivot foot pegs to reposition the foot pegs 41mm more forward for less bending on knees so look forward to test riding soon and hopefully a much more comfortable riding position due to injuries and getting older ha ha

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Those look pretty good! Any idea what brand and model those are?

I had a similar issue, the standard bars on my 2012 T100 were too narrow and they turned my wrists outwards, I was getting numb hands and having to stop every 30 miles or so to shake my arms back to life. Rather than just buy new bars on-line, which might have the same problem, I went up to M&Ps in Swansea where a very patient sales guy brought out every 1" aftermarket handlebars they had in stock, one at a time (covid meant this was in a very wet car park) so I could try them. I found the perfect set, from end to end measuring straight across they are 4" wider but due to a lower rise, all the cables, wiring and hoses fit no problem with no stress on them. This has cured the numb hands and improved the riding position. See pic. View attachment 756972

·
Registered
715 Posts
7/8" Norman Hyde M bar installed upside down on my Bonnie SE
with the controls much closer, there are some excess cables, which had some issues with the throttle cable binding, and the angle of the front brake line being at a tight bend. Was going to change the cables to the older Thruxtons one which are shorter, but ended up moving the cable out of the cable guide and ran it just over the headlight. Works so far.

No issues with the clutch cable.

riding position for me (5'7") is much for "natural" for me and I like the ability to lean forward on turns easier.... Only issue now is on longer rides when I want to tuck down, I find my stock foot position to be a little off.... would be better with a slight pull back... have a NH rearset waiting to be installed.

1261 - 1277 of 1277 Posts