Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1241 - 1257 of 1257 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Just fitted Renthal ultra low bars. They were easy enough to fit, and look good ! I've not tried them on the road yet, but hopefully they tuck me a little more behind the screen. I just need to modify the end weights to fit aluminium bars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anyone using the LSL Flat Tracker bars can provide some insight how they compare to the stocks?
I have installed the biltwell trackers, plus 25mm bar risers, and I'm not comfortable on the bike. I need a more upright position, similar to stock bars but a bit more "open", like dirt bike bars.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Anyone using the LSL Flat Tracker bars can provide some insight how they compare to the stocks?
I have installed the biltwell trackers, plus 25mm bar risers, and I'm not comfortable on the bike. I need a more upright position, similar to stock bars but a bit more "open", like dirt bike bars.
i have those but i can't give you an answer since my bike came with M bars. compare to the M bars it is a much comfortable position to ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bonneville T100 guy here. I picked up some Biltwell Clubman bars but have not been able to get the upside down cafe mount to work out. I lowered the indicators with the rectifier bracket mod. I have a fly screen shroud which may be part of the problem. My main question: when putting on low bars are folks removing the wire cable collector? That hoop of wire that all the cables run down through? I feel like that's forcing cable routings that are too strenuous. The other thing I thought of was a bar riser, that would help me out but they're hard to get in Canada.
Cheers!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
OK, so I'm still working my way through this 125 page thread (gasp) but maybe I missed what I am looking for. Is there a listing, with measurements, so I can compare my stock (2014 T100 Black) handlebars with any other bar?

Many people have offered descriptions of bars but without a baseline measurement it all seems rather subjective and overwhelming to me.

Meanwhile, I'll keep trudging through these threads, but if anyone has a definitive link they could send me to I would appreciate the help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in the process of changing my bars to flat tracker type bars but they are 7/8" in diameter so had to change the riser to accommodate and will also have to fit shims / reducers around the switch gear for it to secure tight to the bars. However I'm worrying about the throttle sleeve as the current one 1". I've seen some throttle sleeves on ebay which I can buy but wasn't sure if it will fit into the housing correctly. Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Changed bars to Renthal Fat Bars with risers, they are 7/8" at the ends to accept stock components but 1" in the middle at the riser area. I replaced them because the previous owner did not take care of the bike and most of the chrome components having pitting and rust.

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Changed bars to Renthal Fat Bars with risers, they are 7/8" at the ends to accept stock components but 1" in the middle at the riser area. I replaced them because the previous owner did not take care of the bike and most of the chrome components having pitting and rust.

Nice setup! Quick note-I believe the renthal fat bars are 1 1/8” outer diameter in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
After fitting a taller seat, I wanted a taller handlebar to match but with nearly the same bend, enter the Tusk T-10. Here it is with the cross brace removed. I had to actually add about 12mm spacers to the ends of the bar because the control area is not wide enough to accommodate the controls, being that these are really MX bars.

·
Registered
36 Posts
OK, so I'm still working my way through this 125 page thread (gasp) but maybe I missed what I am looking for. Is there a listing, with measurements, so I can compare my stock (2014 T100 Black) handlebars with any other bar?

Many people have offered descriptions of bars but without a baseline measurement it all seems rather subjective and overwhelming to me.

Meanwhile, I'll keep trudging through these threads, but if anyone has a definitive link they could send me to I would appreciate the help.

I'm going to work on something for this - I'm having the same problems too, makes it bloody hard to visualise the differences!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Installed the Moose Racing ATV high bars this weekend on a Scramber. Easy install with no further modifications. Look great and have a little more pull-back than stock. Would highly recommend, especially for the price ($23).

·
Registered
235 Posts
Installed DCC cafe clubmans on my 2014 bonneville mag wheel.

Love em when I’m at speed (80kph+). Not so great when putting around the city or when roads are bad. Am thinking to upgrade to woodcraft with risers to bring them closer and higher. For reference, I’m 5’8 and sit right up against the tank with these bars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone installed the Biltwell Moto 1" bars on a Bonneville? My front brake fluid reservoir gets in the way where the bar starts to bend and it leaves my throttle hanging about an inch off the end of the bar. I really like the bars, but I am trying to figure out how to get the controls all the way on.

1241 - 1257 of 1257 Posts