Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1221 - 1240 of 1257 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Because I have nothing better to do, I stumbled across TC Brothers Tracker bars, might be what your looking for. Biltwell also now has a "high tracker" but they look very odd.
TC Bros. 5" Tracker bars. Stock cable/hose length worked fine without the need to reroute anything.

At 6'1", these now allow me to stand straight up on foot pegs when I ride on dirt or just need to stretch.

·
Registered
107 Posts
TC Bros. 5" Tracker bars. Stock cable/hose length worked fine without the need to reroute anything.

At 6'1", these now allow me to stand straight up on foot pegs when I ride on dirt or just need to stretch.
I'm also 6'1" and would love to see a picture of you on the bike to see your posture with those TC Bros 5" Tracker bars. I like them aesthetically a lot and they might be the posture I am looking for.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Biltwell Tracker High Bars

I just installed a set of Biltwell Tracker High Bars and Napoleon bar end mirrors on my wife's 2013, T100. She wanted bars that were about the same height as the stock ones, but with less pullback. The Tracker high bar is perfect for her. Here are some photos:

Biltwell Tracker High vs. stock

The Master cylinder interferes with the handlebar and does not allow full downward rotation of the brake lever. I seems OK now, but I may have to grind the boss on the master cylinder if she wants the brake lever lower.

Finished product

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have been thinking of ordering the Hyde M bars for my 06 T100 so very interested when I saw your post. They look really good but if I read between the lines here, your bike was stolen? Guess I can't ask how you like them after a few rides then :)
Hope your bike comes back home safe.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
I'm also 6'1" and would love to see a picture of you on the bike to see your posture with those TC Bros 5" Tracker bars. I like them aesthetically a lot and they might be the posture I am looking for.
Sorry it's taken me a while to respond, I was out on the Oregon coast and just got home last night.

Here are a couple of shots taken this afternoon, after a little tweaking - rolling them back just a smidge.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great loooong Thread, Help

I read the first 100 pages of thread and some great information. Dissecting it to get the info I need was tough. So I am just going to ask. I have a 2010 bonneville 100

1.) Looking at Biltwell Tacker med/flat in black. 1" or 7/8"?
a.) Debating med height or flat, I am 5'9"
2.) Will stock control length cables be fine?
3.) I want to install rizoma bar end mirrors, do i need adaptors for these handlebars? The clip around the bar not plug
4.) If I do need adapters for the bar ends what should I get?
5.) Do I need to grips when swapping the bars?
6.) Is their anything I should be aware of for this job that may prevent how quick I can get it done, don't wont my bike down so I can ride it.
7.) I also am installing ASV Levers and a dart screen anything this will effect with a bar change?

Thanks in advance, really loving my Bonnie and the process of customizing it to make it mine!!!!

Drew

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
I read the first 100 pages of thread and some great information. Dissecting it to get the info I need was tough. So I am just going to ask. I have a 2010 bonneville 100

1.) Looking at Biltwell Tacker med/flat in black. 1" or 7/8"? If you have T100, then your bars should be 1" outside diameter.
a.) Debating med height or flat, I am 5'9" This is personal, nobody but you can decide if it'll work for YOU.
2.) Will stock control length cables be fine? Without a doubt, provided they're stock OEM cables to begin with.
3.) I want to install rizoma bar end mirrors, do i need adaptors for these handlebars? The clip around the bar not plug
5.) Do I need to grips when swapping the bars? Not if you don't want to. I saw it as an opportunity to try something different. FYI...There's a tutorial video on Youtube on switching out handlebars on a Bonneville if you need.
6.) Is their anything I should be aware of for this job that may prevent how quick I can get it done, don't wont my bike down so I can ride it. Provided you have the necessary tools, you should be fine. Again, the tutorial video will give you an idea of what to expect and what you'll need.
7.) I also am installing ASV Levers and a dart screen anything this will effect with a bar change? Levers are model specific, so provided you've got the correct ones, I don't see there being an issue.

Thanks in advance, really loving my Bonnie and the process of customizing it to make it mine!!!! Congrats on the T100; they're fantastic bikes. I had a 2008 T100 for a few years before I traded it for the Scrambler that I've got now.

Drew
See my response in red above.

Here's one of the few different tutorial videos I was referring to. The only thing I would do differently is, you don't have to disassemble the throttle control. Simply loosen the bolts and once you unbolt the riser bolts and remove the bars, the throttle should slide right off in one complete unit. You can reinstall it in the reverse direction.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have been thinking of ordering the Hyde M bars for my 06 T100 so very interested when I saw your post. They look really good but if I read between the lines here, your bike was stolen? Guess I can't ask how you like them after a few rides then :)
Hope your bike comes back home safe.
Cheers.
Hi, not sure which post you were referring too. I also have the m bars and installed them with rise facing upwards (you can install them facing down, cafe racer style) and love them. They feel a little more sporty than stock but still comfy. I did have to drill small holes to locate the new switchgear. Everything else fitted fine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts

1.) Looking at Biltwell Tacker med/flat in black. 1" or 7/8"?
a.) Debating med height or flat, I am 5'9"
2.) Will stock control length cables be fine?
5.) Do I need to grips when swapping the bars?
6.) Is their anything I should be aware of for this job that may prevent how quick I can get it done, don't wont my bike down so I can ride it.
7.) I also am installing ASV Levers and a dart screen anything this will effect with a bar change?

Thanks in advance, really loving my Bonnie and the process of customizing it to make it mine!!!!

Drew
Be careful with diameter of handle bars. Best to measure. My 2013 Bonneville with mag wheels is 7/8

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
problems

Ok so I got all my parts in or so I thought!!!! I took caps off stock bars, thier is a little stopper in thier about 7/8" inside the bar. I bought some bar end extenders for a clamp on style bar end mirror, the extenders are about 2" long and I can't get them far enough in the bar to grab. Im debating just buying new bars and grips and doing it all at once. Does anyone have a solution? I was trying to wait on spending a ton, get my bar end mirrors installed. Suggestions appreciated. This is with stock T100 bars.

Thanks
Drew

·
Registered
26 Posts
Biltwell mod trackers! Rizoma mirrors! Thruster grips.

Issues throttle sticking, mirrors are clamp on struggling to get tight enough IMG_1231.JPG IMG_1230.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have a 2011 Bonneville SE, and am thinking of fitting ultra low Renthals. Can anyone who has fitted them to this model confirm there are no difficulties in fitting eg clashing with tank, or too long cables etc ?

Many thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a 2011 Bonneville SE, and am thinking of fitting ultra low Renthals. Can anyone who has fitted them to this model confirm there are no difficulties in fitting eg clashing with tank, or too long cables etc ?

Many thanks

I have a 2014 mag wheel Bonnie and have had renthal ultra low, renthal low and biltwell trackers. No problems with cables or clashing with tank.

I’m in the process of switching to fatbars.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1221 - 1240 of 1257 Posts