Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1201 - 1220 of 1257 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just for perfect clarification: On a 2016 thrux 900 do the biltwell tracker bars fit with the stock cables or are they too wide?

If they fit great! If not I'll just flip the stock bars for better rise correct?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks to whoever started this thread!
I have a 2007 T100 that is new to me and I am making decisions about setup. My last bike was BMW R75/6. I mention that often when I post because that is my point of reference. It is all I have known since 1982. I loved my Magura Euro Bars. They are the bars BMW used on the R90s. I see most bars used on Bonneville's are about 27 to 29 inches wide. My beloved Magura's were 23. I loved the feel I had with them and, because I am short, I found great benefit when moving the bike in and out of the garage or moving it in a parking lot. I didn't have to reach as far across the bike allowing me to maintain my center of balance and control the bike when I wasn't sitting on it. Any recommendations?
I'd try here: https://japan.webike.net/ps/#!p.b=304&p.c=1044. I've got a set of Hurricanes on my bike and the quality and chrome finish is excellent.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks GSX that's a great website. Lots of options. The Hurricane Mini looks about right to simulate the Magura bars. I don't know if the controls will fit on such short bars. I will have to take measurements off my bike.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
40 Posts
32" wide generic drag bars, 15 degree bend. Certainly wider than most, but I like them, they give a low and very open (elbows up) stance and a lot of control of the front wheel. Controls are about 1/4" from tank at lock with stock risers.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just an update I did the Biltwell trackers on my 2015 thruxton and did replace brake line with a longer steel braided line but used the stock throttle cables (rerouted to the right side of frame).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just installed some 1" Norman Hyde M Bars on my 2005 Bonneville. Very easy job! Took about 45 minutes and just did the job outside in the street. I mounted them with the rise in the "up" position and then angled them down to give it a cafe racer look without being too low. Very comfortable. I would suggest this position, less angle on the bars. Made some rookie mistakes haha. You'll see in one of the pictures that they are slightly offset, or not centered when I tightened it down! Was so preoccupied with the angle I didn't even think of it. Noticed right away and fixed it, just forgot to take a pic. Then I went for a test ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just installed some 1" Norman Hyde M Bars on my 2005 Bonneville. Very easy job! Took about 45 minutes and just did the job outside in the street. I mounted them with the rise in the "up" position and then angled them down to give it a cafe racer look without being too low. Very comfortable. I would suggest this position, less angle on the bars. Made some rookie mistakes haha. You'll see in one of the pictures that they are slightly offset, or not centered when I tightened it down! Was so preoccupied with the angle I didn't even think of it. Noticed right away and fixed it, just forgot to take a pic. Then I went for a test ride!

Hey, I just saw your post on instagram, I hope you get your bike back in good condition. The bars look great. Hopefully you get it back so you can enjoy them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey, I just saw your post on instagram, I hope you get your bike back in good condition. The bars look great. Hopefully you get it back so you can enjoy them.

How crazy is that. I had the bars for 6 hours. At least I got to ride it once with them on... thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just an update I did the Biltwell trackers on my 2015 thruxton and did replace brake line with a longer steel braided line but used the stock throttle cables (rerouted to the right side of frame).

How long did you have to go for the braided line?

·
Registered
114 Posts

I recovered it haha. Can't believe it. I'll post the story on here somewhere.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Help Selecting the Correct Handlebars

Hello,

I've been combing through this handlebar thread but I can't find what I need.

My wife has a 2013 T-100 (1" diameter handlebars). The stock bars are too tall and have too much pullback for her. The ideal bars would have 2" to 3" less pullback and 1" to 2" less height.

I tried a set of Biltwell Tracker bars that I have, but they are way too low and too straight. I ordered a set of J&P Cycles XLX bars (http://www.jpcycles.com/product/500-246), and found that they are about 1" lower, but the pullback is about the same as the stock bars.

Part of the problem that I'm running into is that each manufacturer seems to measure their bars slightly differently. For example, the Flanders stock handlebar database (http://www.sideroadcycles.com/AmericanMotorcycles/Handlebars/Stock_Bars.html) shows the 2013 T-100 bars as having a 10" pullback. That seemed excessive based on my measurements, so I assumed the stock pullback was 8", like previous T-100s. Based on this, the J&P Cycles bars with a 4-1/2" pullback should be quite different. But in reality the pullback is about the same as the stock ones.

Can any of you recommend 1" diameter bars that have 2" to 3" less pullback and 1" to 2" less height than the stock bars?

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Hello,

I've been combing through this handlebar thread but I can't find what I need.

My wife has a 2013 T-100 (1" diameter handlebars). The stock bars are too tall and have too much pullback for her. The ideal bars would have 2" to 3" less pullback and 1" to 2" less height.

I tried a set of Biltwell Tracker bars that I have, but they are way too low and too straight. I ordered a set of J&P Cycles XLX bars (http://www.jpcycles.com/product/500-246), and found that they are about 1" lower, but the pullback is about the same as the stock bars.

Part of the problem that I'm running into is that each manufacturer seems to measure their bars slightly differently. For example, the Flanders stock handlebar database (http://www.sideroadcycles.com/AmericanMotorcycles/Handlebars/Stock_Bars.html) shows the 2013 T-100 bars as having a 10" pullback. That seemed excessive based on my measurements, so I assumed the stock pullback was 8", like previous T-100s. Based on this, the J&P Cycles bars with a 4-1/2" pullback should be quite different. But in reality the pullback is about the same as the stock ones.

Can any of you recommend 1" diameter bars that have 2" to 3" less pullback and 1" to 2" less height than the stock bars?
Superbars.
http://bellacorse.com/shop/custom-parts-for-triumph-bonneville-thruxton-t100-se-scrambler-america-speedmaster/chassis/superbars-handlebars/

·
Registered
3,037 Posts

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
I would imagine you may find a bar marketed for sportsters that would be suitable. Try checking J&P Cycles ?
That's where I bought the latest bars I tried. Their height is OK, but the pullback is virtually the same as the OEM Triumph bars. Everything else I see at J&P Cycles is either too low or the pullback is too much - in many cases more than the OEM bars.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I would imagine you may find a bar marketed for sportsters that would be suitable. Try checking J&P Cycles ?
That's where I bought the latest bars I tried. Their height is OK, but the pullback is virtually the same as the OEM Triumph bars. Everything else I see at J&P Cycles is either too low or the pullback is too much - in many cases more than the OEM bars.
Because I have nothing better to do, I stumbled across TC Brothers Tracker bars, might be what your looking for. Biltwell also now has a "high tracker" but they look very odd.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Because I have nothing better to do, I stumbled across TC Brothers Tracker bars, might be what your looking for. Biltwell also now has a "high tracker" but they look very odd.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm currently running the Biltewll Moto bars on my Scrambler, but started to notice some pain on the outside of my right elbow after about an hour or so of riding. The TC Brothers tracker bars not only have 3/4" more rise and 2" more pull back but are also 2" narrower. These may be just what I was looking for to remedy some aches and pains. So I ordered these in 7/8" to fit the Scrambler.

I'll report back once I've got them installed and some miles logged.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
I found a dealer with a set of Biltwell Tracker High handlebars in stock (https://www.biltwellinc.com/c153/buy/tracker-high). They were destined for a customer bike, but he allowed me to compare them to the stock bars. Based on that I went ahead and ordered a set. I may need to cut them to make them a bit narrower, but I believe they will work fine.

I'll post photos later.

1201 - 1220 of 1257 Posts