Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was chatting with a friend who had taken off their old rubber footpegs and replaced them with Yamaha FZR ones. It looked great. A hell of a lot cheaper than the Trumpy sports bike ones ,for the same look.
Hope this helps.

cheers Michael

[ This message was edited by: gsx1100s on 2006-11-27 19:35 ]

·
Registered
169 Posts
What's the story here? Are there yamaha pegs that will fit a bonnie? Who has them? Anyone know ANYTHING about this?

·
Registered
18 Posts
On 2006-11-27 19:32, gsx1100s wrote:
I recently was chatting with a friend who had taken off their old rubber footpegs and replaced them with Yamaha FZR ones. It looked great. A hell of a lot cheaper than the Trumpy sports bike ones ,for the same look.
Hope this helps.

cheers Michael
Hey Michael,

I hate the fat rubber pegs on my Bonnie and want to change them. I'll be looking into the FZR pegs.
Thanks,
Wheels

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Hey adam, wheels

I lifted this pic from Club Cafe. Its SPRINGER1978 bike, In his words "the pegs are just cheap Emgos that fit a FZR 600"
that's one good looking bike!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
On 2007-04-12 19:54, ozbon wrote:
Hey adam, wheels

I lifted this pic from Club Cafe. Its SPRINGER1978 bike, In his words "the pegs are just cheap Emgos that fit a FZR 600"
that's one good looking bike!!!!

Hey Ozbon,

Thanks for posting. I just saw it. If I had the cash, I would consider the NH rearsets, but for now I might try and put Thruxton pegs on my Bonnie. I like the way they look.

Wheels

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hate to be the bubble burster but the Thrux pegs and Bonnie pegs ain't interchangeable. The pivot pin is a diff diameter and the restor stop on them are diff.

I bought all the stock Thrux gear hoping to use my stock Bonnie pegs tosave some cash and it was a no go. You can defintely get cheap sport bike pegs to fit the Thrus set up but the Bonnie set up ..... I have not seen aftermarket pegs (cheap) that willwork. They may be out there I just have not seen them in my search.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks vertwrks,

I was trying to find any info about Thruxton pegs on a Bonneville to no avail. I'll continue the search.

Wheels

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've put thruxton pegs on the passemger mounts of my bonnie. It's an easy and straight swap.
The fronts are a different story, the thruxton pegs have a different twist/angle to them and do not stick out as far as the bonnie ones. There's a substantial amount of alteration for thruxton front pegs to fit on a bonnie so I have not done it (yet :) ).
You can see the pegs on my bonnie at the flickr site - click my www below.
Chris

·
Registered
781 Posts
Here's picture of the Oberon touring pegs on a Bonneville. Just another option to choose from.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts