Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday morning I got up early to meet the tow truck because my car is less reliable than my triumph. performed my preride lookover and rode 16 mi. at 40-45mph. Arrived at the stranded trans. location and began unloading misc. items from my car, while putting the items in my saddles I noticed a 24 inch garter snaked curled around the front of the motor. Amazing it stayed on the bike or bite my ankles. It must have crept in the night before for warmth.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yay! Somebody mentioning a snake on this site without having killed it! Don't suppose you took any photos? I like garter snakes.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
We had a Fit come through our shop a couple weeks ago...full of snakes...

The tech was getting ready to do some warranty work on the valve springs and a snake came out of the hood liner and bit him on the head...while looking for the one that bit him he found four more...

I went and grabbed the owner to show her why her work was taking longer than expected and she about fainted every time the tech pulled another snake out of her engine...

She thanked us for purging her vehicle from snakes...and I guess gave the tech $20.00 for his effort...

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Had an Aunt that freaked out when she saw a snake in our basement after eating out. It came in with a bunch of cases of gallon jugs that my Dad had gotten for Henry's pickle barrel at work.

She never set foot in the basement after that.

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
yesterday morning I got up early to meet the tow truck because my car is less reliable than my triumph.
Is your car, by any chance, a Viper?

I agree with Pete D; it's about time one of the stories had a herpy ending. Did you wash your bike with hard water? That can leave scales, you know. If it gets too bad, you might have to strip it and repaint. Pro is the way to go, if you do that. Don't be tempted to take the rattler can approach.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts