Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I like Delboy too but I am still having no luck finding a good EFI removal and air box eliminator installation vid. There are a couple but they're time lapsed or highly stylized, not really instructive. I'm doing a British Customs kit and wanted to find a nice slow, detailed one.
Are you sure you mean EFi (Electronic Fuel Injection) removal and not Air Injection (AI) removal?

Removing the EFi will require installation of carburettors ?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Does anyone by chance know of a video on swapping/setting throttle and brake cables? I have ordered some SS ones and want to give it a shot. I'm not too concerned about the brake lines, more so about the throttle. Thanks!
I completed this on my own accord...was actually quite simple. Let me know if you need a hand!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm about to attempt the BC 'performance kit' (once I find where to buy it), and am mostly concerned that in order to remove the airbox one needs to remove wheels/suspension?

I'm not very experienced with mechanics but am willing to have a go :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I didn't see a link to the AI removal or airbox removal for a bonnie. I did all of that on my three 955's years ago, but would love to see vid's for a bonnie.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Airbox removal vid on an EFI T100 here - not complicated but a bit of a PITA.

Handy as it's not in the Haynes manual and which muppet at Triumph decided to bury a load on connectors underneath it - grrrrrrrrrrr :mad::

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bar-end mirror installation on Triumph handlebars with the threaded inserts require some additional work over the rubber plugs provided by the mirror manufacturers. The details have been covered on this forum and elsewhere, but I made a video of the process when I did mine recently. I drilled and tapped the existing threaded inserts for bigger screws, added some fuel line hose for friction, and one other trick. It worked well!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Does your Triumph have excessive valve tick?
This dates from Feb 2009, so it is 10 years old... but I don't think the design has changed much.
It will help you discover and fix the tick. Not all steps are shown, there are plenty of other videos here to show the dismantling and reassembly steps.

·
Registered
119 Posts
hi richb

Good tip. I did this and had exactly the same issue with the left carb ! Don't get it either

Jon

·
Registered
50 Posts
Charging System And Battery Testing

Two new videos I made about how to test your charging system and your battery with a multimeter. If you suspect a bad stator, rectifier or battery, you'll find the test here:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Est-ce que quelqu'un, par hasard, a-t-il été dit? J'ai commandé des SS et je veux tenter le coup. Je ne suis pas trop préoccupé par les freins, mais plus encore par les gaz. Merci!

·
Registered
4 Posts
[QUOTE = "combrak, post: 2004032436, member: 427970"]
Est-ce que quelqu'un, par hasard, il a été dit? J'ai commandé des SS et je veux tenter le coup. Je ne suis pas trop préoccupé par les freins, mais plus encore par les gaz. Merci!
[/CITATION]
J'ai commandé des SS et je veux tenter le audacity temp mail origin coup. Je ne suis pas trop préoccupé par les freins,

41 - 58 of 58 Posts