Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone else had issues with this combination?
when cornering feels like front is gonna step out, tyre pressures are ok have checked them.
is it is not just me a new tyre will be on it soon.

·
Registered
108 Posts
BT45s

I run BT45s on my '03 Bonnie. Never had an issue with them even when I've done hard curvy riding. I do have replacement Hagon shocks and front springs. That might be making a difference for me.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have them on two of my Bonnevilles and much prefer them to the Metzlers. I originally tried a set when looking for tires for the '07 with an 18" rear; there weren't many choices but it turned out the BT45's are great **IF** you get set that was manufactured in the last 6 months. If you find a set that was built a couple of years ago keep looking as they toughen up pretty quickly.

dk

·
Registered
302 Posts
Choprocker,

Are your tyres new? I was wondering if you have had time to wear off the mold release agent.

My new rear BT 45 got here Friday and the new front is going to be delivered tomorrow. I hope they work for me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Pick up some Avon roadriders, they have worn fantastically. The bt 45s that came with the bike lasted about 6k miles.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
866 Posts
I've been running the BT45s on my bonnie for 7 years and never had any problems. I can get 7000miles out of a rear and the front get dry rot before I get even close to terminal tread depth.

The couple of times I've slid were all about road debris. The thing that scared me the most was how much I liked the sliding!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts