Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, trying to decide between these three. Will be riding backroads, mountain roads, etc. Any suggestions. Will not be taking the Scram off road as I have bikes for that for woods and trail riding. Do lots of dirt riding but need something I can just hop on for a ride. Just want something fun to ride and get back on the road after years only on trails. Oh, turned 50 last week but have ridden for since I was about 6. Just not been on the road for 25 years. Suggestions??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,356 Posts
The three most important things to remember about modern classics: Scrambler, Scrambler, Scrambler
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,120 Posts
The answer is T-100. It's faster than the Scram.

If your tall the SE might be a little to small. Still in my not so humble opionion the only bike is the T-100
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input so far. See where this is going to go....T100 riders for the T and Scram riders for the Scram. Guess I wouldn't have expected it any other way. What that tells me is either would be awesome. Started wanting the Scram but the T100 just keeps calling at me. Dealer just got a 2010 in in B/W. They also have the green/cream 09. This is a hard choice!! Oh, whoever mentioned height am 6'.

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,356 Posts
The answer is T-100. It's faster than the Scram.
Yeah, so if you're habitually late for appointments buy the T-100 you might get there a couple of second quicker. If you want to enjoy the ride....well, I think you already know.

Ha, ha, just kidding. They're all cool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,058 Posts
The three most important things to remember about modern classics: Scrambler, Scrambler, Scrambler
+1, what Mark said. Should you be tempted to take an occasional off road excersion you'll be ready.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
I've not been on a T100, but at 6' also, I found the Bonnie to feel a bit small. The Scrambler, on the other hand was perfect. That's why I bought one. Try them all and get the one that speaks to you. They're all great bikes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
When searching I sat both on a 2009 and 2008 black.
The black is a bit higher, the 2009 may have been a bit low for me.
But now I have T100.

I'm 182cms, long legs (but male so don't ask pics;))
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,024 Posts
Feud?

It sems there may be a T100/Scram brewing? Say it isn't so!! There's room for everyone.
But I'd say forget both, get a Black!!! It's SOOOO much better!!!!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
I'm 6'2" and rode a SE the other day, and found it too small. Either the Scrammy or the T100 would be fine as far as size, but the 270* crank on the Scrammy vs the 360* crank on the T100 make a difference in the way the engines run and sound. Hopefully you can ride one of each before buying to experience the significant differences.

Dick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,643 Posts
My T100 Bonneville sees a lot of use on dirt roads and trails and beause of that I was going to buy a Scram . From what I can see the Bonnie and Scram are basically the same bike and really not dirt bikes in the true sense. Sure, you can take them there and they will go, but they are too heavy.Like driving a Buick through the back country, it can be done but there are better options. .I've owned and ridden dirt bikes and they are vastly different.

For that reason I am glad I did not buy the Scram thinking it was a dual sport, although I like it as a street bike and the extra height of the Scram sure felt good. I do like the way my T100 rolls and I'd hate to lose any of that power for the illusion of a dirt bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
I'm 52, bad back, and grumpy 95% of the time. The other 5% I'm on my Scrambler.
mm, we must be almost identical twins. I'm also 52, bad back, and grumpy 95% of the time. The other 5% I'm on my T100.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
If you want to jump in and start buying aftermarket stuff, I'd advise against the SE. Been having a difficult time finding much, especially pipes.

Although it has kept me from spending money that I don't really have. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
Personally I like the T100 but I guess it depends on what kind of riding you are doing. If I am looking for a Dual Purpose bike I would choose this:


Husly TE 610 DP. Now this will take you anywhere you need to go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
If you want to jump in and start buying aftermarket stuff, I'd advise against the SE. Been having a difficult time finding much, especially pipes.

Although it has kept me from spending money that I don't really have. :)
+1 except that I would change it to say: any of the cast wheeled Bonnies. Not that there is anything wrong with them, but pipes and center stands aren't available for them yet (at least last I heard). The aftermarket (and perhaps Triumph) will eventually catch up. However, in the meantime it's a factor worth noting. Aside from that, you can't really go wrong.
I say T-100, but then I'm biased.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top