Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to ask if anyone else has had this trouble. Was riding in a local park here in down state NY and the clutch got loose then tightened up again. After a few miles it loosened up again and I limped a few miles till i lost the clutch for good. Bike is still under warranty so dealer came and picked it up. When they looked at it they told me a bolt came loose in the clutch. I thought i saw somebody with a similar trouble. Is this a trouble with that year bike?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have seen this mentioned before and this happened to my brother’s 2005 955 Tiger .It was fine for the next 25,000 Kms when he traded it .We have had 7 Triumphs between us ,with only one having that issue in its first month of ownership . I think it is a rare occurrence but very inconvenient when it happens .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it was the nut attached to the clutch lifter. It should've peened over they said but hadn'a been at factory.

·
Registered
157 Posts
at 38 miles my entire clutch basket came loose. All but one of the '11's at my dealer had the same issue. They were all marked like they had been torqued, but obviously weren't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts