Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of pictures of my Bob Newby Racing belt drive on my T100R. Install was pretty straight forward. Two snags: had to fabricate three new alt. studs as I needed more length for pully clearance and another alt. sleeve nut with a longer sleeve. Used Bunn crankcase vent system, fresh air in at timing plug hole exiting thru rocker box cap. Works beyond my expectations. So good in fact that my cafe racer T100R gets one next.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BNR Belt Drive

I didn't weigh any of the parts but I would say you are correct. Chain vs belt, sprockets vs aluminum pulley, steel clutch basket vs aluminum basket, 8 lbs at least.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Belt Drive

Belt drive was purchased from classicycleworks.com, I believe Frank is the only dealer in the US. Bob Newby is in England.
Bunn crankcase breather, bunnbreather.bigblog.com. Because the primary case is now open, another method of crankcase venting must be used. Bunn uses a fresh air intake, on my Triumph I used the timing plug hole with a K&N filter to keep stuff out, exhaust is thru one of the rocker box caps, drilled and tapped for a brass barbed fitting. The system uses a series of inline one way valves. With this setup you will eliminate any oil leaks caused by higher crankcase pressures as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BNR Belt Drive

There is no cush drive and I was concerned about that losing that feature and had visions of snatchy take up and other nasty happenings, but that is not the case. Very smooth and positive take up. Very happy with this setup.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can probably squeeze a few more rpms too, due to light weight

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts