Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a quality bike to bike intercom system that is able to pair with gps units/cell phones? I've been looking at the Chatterbox XBi 2, but the reviews are all over the place. I don't know if the negative reviews are being written by non tech savvy people? Seems to be a love it or hate device.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just looked into Scala's headsets. Thanks for the tip. The Q4 looks to be their top of the line unit. The rider Q2 pro looks pretty sharp as well. I also found a Korean company called Sena that makes the SMH10 that they say rivals the Scala Q4. More research to be done...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Sena gets good reviews, as well. Check out the webbikeworld.com reviews; they did a comprehensive comparison a little while ago.

The only thing I don't like about my Scala G4 is how difficult it can be to initiate a phone call, though that may have more to do with limitations in my iPhone's implementation of the voice dialing over bluetooth feature.

The intercom works great and that's 90%+ of what I wanted it for...

Ken

·
Registered
163 Posts
My Sena SMH10 has been bullet-proof... I LOVE IT. I did some "unboxing" and "First Impressions" videos. You can check 'em out here...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After much research, I ended up ordering the Sena SMH-10 dual pack. I look forward to testing it's capabilities. It's a little bulkier than I want, but that jog wheel looks like a very smart design for riders.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
After a little research I went with the Sena vs the Scala. I find the range a bit disappointing, but we usually ride within sight if each other anyway. The music and phone aspects are amazing. It works very well with my iPhone. I also like the fact there are only two buttons, making it less confusing for my sometimes VERY confused GF.

Sent from my iPhone;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Put the Sena to the test all day today. It rocks! Had no problem with range because who rides a mile apart from each other? Intercom's clarity great. Some ambiance can be heard, but nothing menacing. Music volume is a bit soft, but that's probably best. Love the jog wheel most of all!

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
Put the Sena to the test all day today. It rocks! Had no problem with range because who rides a mile apart from each other? Intercom's clarity great. Some ambiance can be heard, but nothing menacing. Music volume is a bit soft, but that's probably best. Love the jog wheel most of all!
I'm not sure a mile is the "real" range, but in the twisties I tend to leave my GF behind. We just regroup afterward. Volume I'm sure Is dependent on the helmet. As long as it's not windy I can even hear the music pretty good at highway speeds. Anything under 60 mph is no problem.

Sent from my iPhone;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I use the sena and I'm very happy with it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts