Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used any of the new bluetooth helmets? I can't seem to find any reviews of the ones I've been researching. Specifically the V-can 210.

·
Registered
422 Posts
never used one, but got to say that the very idea is scary. On a motorcycle you are one squirrel or dog or car pulling out away from disaster, and you need all your wits about you all the time. Talking on the phone is not what you need to be doing, it's too much of a distraction. Studies have shown that drivers talking on the phone are distracted about as much as if they were drunk......While it might be ok for you, we all have a responsibility to others out there to ride safely. Not meaning to sound too high and mighty so I apologize in advance. Just stating my opinion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually looking because the helmet would allow my wife and I to communicate without all the wires, and to listen to music. I do appreciate what you are saying about the phone option, but that's not why I want the helmet.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Have tried a Caberg with the Caberg Bluetooth system. Bluetooth part DOA(Dead on Arrival). Sent straight back for replacement 2 months ago and still waiting. Now trying Scala Rider which works fine but inaudible above 50mph. Not sure if it is the helmet or the installation.
UK police have a system based on Nolan helmet with "Genesis Communications" ear pieces and bluetooth/bike to bike sender. It is supposed to be operable upto 130mph for both speech and reception. A police rider has confirmed it to be "crystal clear to well above 100".
Unfortunately costs about £700/$1050. Now I know where my taxes go.
Thinking about V-Can 210. Much cheaper.
Bluetooth is for use with GPS.
Have also tried several "earpiece" type bluetooth devices but they become painful after a short time due to pressure from the helmet.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Sorry if this is ot, but I have tried various helmet and/or ear plug configs trying to get a workable/audible BT combo at highway speeds. Unfortunately not the v-can 210 to your query.

Maybe it is just me, my lousy ears, or my poor choices on equipment. In the end I have just not found one worth the bother or distraction. If there is a good combo I would like to hear about it.

Someday maybe the earpieces will incorporate NR, like a Bose aviation headset.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
No good for person-to-person, but for phone calls (while pulled over) and music I use an iPhone with Maximo iP-HS2 headphones. Corded, not BT, but that makes the batteries last longer. :p

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
24 Posts
blue ant

I have the blueant interphone helmet kit and so far haven't had any problems. It does telephone and intercom b/w other units, but not music. When recieving a call you don't have to push a button to answer. the adhesive that comes with it is worthless but the clip works well.

avg price is about $110/pc on amazon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts