Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those interested, Blue-Job works well when trying to remove:

• melted gunk on pipes, i.e. melted boot sole
  • "straw" coloring on pipes

Just rub it on, rub it in, rub it off.

I didn't really try getting ride of the blues, so I can't report on its effectiveness.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks,Teachnsurf

I'd always wondered about the effectiveness of that stuff... that, and isn't "Blue Job" past tense? :D

(It's the vodka gimlet talkin')

XLXRider

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
You know, I have the same stuff and it doesnt do crap on for my pipes. I expected it to at least get rid of the straw coloring but for me it was a waste of money.

I am glad it worked for someone. :)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
and isn't "Blue Job" past tense? :D
XLXRider
:laughhard:
What I want to know is why they calll it blue job if.....you rub it on, rub it in, rub it off.

And if it's so darn good why are you still tense?
Sorry, your past tense.
Does that mean your smoking a cigarette right now?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I'd always wondered about the effectiveness of that stuff... that, and isn't "Blue Job" past tense? :D

XLXRider
LOL....thank you, I needed that.:D

I just ordered some, just for the heckuvit. I don't mind a little blue that much, but I bought my bike used, and the pipes are pretty much torched (probably a hack running at high idle a lot and the now removed AI). I guess it can't hurt to try. :cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
What other suggestions do you guys have for cleaning? I'm not sure what to use on the wheels and tires. I used windex on the chrome last time I washed.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I used Never Dull for the first time this weekend on the wheels/spokes at the suggestion of a fellow gearhead friend. I have to say, was pretty pleased with how well it worked.

It's still a major pain-in-the-ass mind you, but the wheels/spokes looked nice :D

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
You know, I have the same stuff and it doesnt do crap on for my pipes. I expected it to at least get rid of the straw coloring but for me it was a waste of money.

I am glad it worked for someone. :)
Worked a charm on my deeply discolored pipes, Cal - both the blue and straw. But it has to be worked into a dry paste - not a liquid, not a powder - and it takes a crapload of patience because it's slow work. In my experience, Blue Job worked better than Blue-Away or whatever that liquid is called.

But once they've gone blue, they never get back to the finish they had when new. I wish I'd pulled the A.I. the first day I had the bike.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I used blue job in the winter and it worked well. After I cleaned them, i did the AI and they have not turned too blue, some golden hues. But, a good improvement. Might have before/after pics: When I cleaned them, the blue/purple/gold went past the 2nd bend

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I've had success with it. It's not going to bring very blued pipes back to glowing chrome cause I tried. It seems to work the best when you catch the bluing or golding early.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Purdy Blue Thruxton

Dave, your bike is purdy. Now I want a Blue Thruxton.
Big

1 - 12 of 12 Posts