Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blue-job... Anyone have any experience with this product?
Does it work, does it dull the chrome? I'm just looking to do maybe a foot back from the cross overs, not the whole thing.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes it works, but it takes time and some elbow grease. Make sure your AI is removed or it will come back. I just used Simichrome polish yesterday, and the blueing won't go past the first bend ( AI removed and I have it running just right)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks people. i bet the reason it works for some and not others has to do with how much elbow grease they put in. The ones it doesn't work for I imagine are applying it like a wax or a cleaner.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
Thanks people. i bet the reason it works for some and not others has to do with how much elbow grease they put in. The ones it doesn't work for I imagine are applying it like a wax or a cleaner.
thats about how it goes it works but is more work then some want to do.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh it definitely works, but there is nothing easy about it.

I want to try this:

http://www.caswellplating.com/buffs/bluejob.html
Sweet! That buffer wheel looks awesome, nice find. Anyone know the science behind this stuff? Are we removing chrome? If so I wouldn't want to use it more then once. Besides all I want is a foot back from the crossovers. I like the blue just not all the way to the crossovers. AI... gone this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts