Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my a three hour ride yesterday on my T120. I noticed a couple of blue and brown stains on the chrome pipes. Is that normal?

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Don't know whether it's normal or not, but after delivery I rode my new T120 for about five hours. No stains or spots on the chrome so far.

Hope you'll keep us posted.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just had my 500 mile service too. I took a three hour freeway ride at speeds over 80mph so I'm thinking that probably led to the discoloration. I'm going to call the dealership tomorrow. I'll follow up with their response.

·
Registered
214 Posts
T120 pipes

is this the new 2016 model , in which case they are stainless steel , fairly low grade and go a sort of yellow/brown . The odd nasty colour is due to the cheap stainless steel aswell , its defect , polish it out or live with it.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I've heard that having oil or residue on your pipes when they get hot will do that.
I removed the grease and fingerprints from the header covers before riding my T120 for the first time. No discoloration in the chrome.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
T120 Suspension

I know there have been discussions on suspension but I wanted to get the latest from my fellow T120 owners before I make a decision. Is it truly worth it to upgrade the suspension? I hear rhetoric around the T120 suspension is an upgrade from previous Bonnie's. Is there a benefit to just upgrade the fronts to new springs. I see Ikon and TecParts offers new fork springs. Then there's fork cartridge kits such Andreani or Matris. How about the rear shocks? I'm thinking about Hagon Nitro's or 2810's.

Is it all worth the money? What's the best results for the buck/euro?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts