Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 month old R3 Classic.

Had a couple of incidents this week where the ignition did nothing when turning the key.
This morning tried to fireup and all I have is blinkers and a horn. Checked the battery,fuses, did a bit of wigling the kill switch and kickstand without any luck.

I am on the verge of getting a tow truck tomorrow but wondered if anyone had any ideas?

Many thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
I remember a year or so back that there was a post about the R III ignition switch going bad. You might check the old posts but it sounds like it might be in the switch.

Trapper

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Attempetd to start this morning and nothing. Pushed her out onto the street ready for tow truck pickup and she suddenlty sprang to life.
I rode down to the dealership and after a couple of hours they found a loose connector under the tank (sorry don't know which one) that was intermit working. Caused some arcing and carbon buildup. They originally said they would replace the harness (1 week wait for parts) but ended up backing off that idea and cleaned up the connetor.
All seems well at the moment.

Thanks for the input

1 - 4 of 4 Posts