Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting that HD owns the rights to the sound, markets loud pipes and encourages the after-market parts industry no end, through it's marketing and image. But it's your fault for using the stuff and fulfilling those image requisites - screwed at both ends and most don't even recognise it! Bwaaaa!:eek:

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Interesting that HD owns the rights to the sound, markets loud pipes and encourages the after-market parts industry no end, through it's marketing and image. But it's your fault for using the stuff and fulfilling those image requisites - screwed at both ends and most don't even recognise it! Bwaaaa!:eek:
Call it third eye intuition trypcil,but i think Triumphs image requisites and Harleys are one in the same.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZNN3OsQotE

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
The 'Harley' sound was originally patented by John Deere in 1825 when he was a blacksmith hammering out ploughs. In 1911 when his company first started to make tractors he incorporated this sound into them.

Harley faithfully copied this sound under licence in 1906 and made it a cult around the streets whereas previously it was confined to the countryside.

One only needs to listen to a tractor to realise this is true !

----------------
Ride on ! :cool:

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
They don't own a right to any sound. They may be known for it but that's it.
They tried. They gave up in 2000.

Wasn't someone saying that Harley marketing was starting to encourage their black sheep to keep it quieter?

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
B.o.h.i.c.a. -Bend over, here it comes again. Interestingly, Volkswagen co-opted the Harley sound with its Beetle, but only after their cars had bad, rotted out mufflers.

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
So I'm wrong but so artfully corrected, what's bohica? Sounds like code for big horrible Harley's in caca again but I might be wrong.:)
No not at all, just a slightly different cryptographic twist on your original definition. B.O.H.I.C.A!
(Bend over here it comes again) a common military phrase utilized by the Noncommissioned Officers (NCO) when we were about to be screw at both ends by the command structure.:D

Cheers
Jeff:motorbike2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts