Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Apparently he thinks pipe wrap is a tasty upgrade. Seems to take a little something away to me. Put it on a 40 year old rat bike with rusty pipes.

·
Registered
16 Street Twin | 07 Sprint ST
171 Posts
That's sharp looking. I like the front and back contrasts with the forks and springs.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
That's great. You would think they would wipe the oil off before the photo shoot.

·
Registered
2012 Street Triple R 2016 Thruxton R
2,097 Posts
Of course it looks pretty mean, and cool. I'm someone who likes the blacked out look/trend...

... But...

... All those do-it-yourself black powder coated parts will eventually (and most times sooner than later) begin to chip/flake/wear off... Thus revealing the bright aluminum beneath.

Every pebble that kicked up and made contact with the do-it-yourself black powder will leave behind a shiny bare aluminum "pimple"... Especially when you get very close with your eyes... Not to mention what your boots/shoes will do to the powdered foot-rest areas.

(I've blacked out my heal-guards, rear sets, pegs, exhaust, top-yolk, etc, etc, etc.... On my Daytona 675... I babied it, and it looked foolish after one season of riding... Even after I got it re-done by a "professional"... Results were similar over time.)

Bottom line.... I paid money, to de-value my own bike... Just like this guy did.

Of course, to each their own though.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Very nice! Just enough bright bits to keep things visually interesting. Like is mentioned above, black is really difficult to keep looking nice, especially after years of use.

The circular "cover" on the alternator casing is not an inspection cover, it's just a piece of removable trim. Mine seemed to be weeping oil from that piece, too. When I removed it, there was some oil under there, but I believe it was preservative oil from shipping or assembly. Once I wiped it off, it never came back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts