Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one used these on a bonneville? I have used the on other bikes (i like the larger grip diameter). Kuryakin says that they don't offer anything for a bonnie, I thought about the 6344 7/8 universal ones, drill out the ends and reinstall factory bar ends...Any body try this yet? I had good luck with this on my wifes Ninja...

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Has any one used these on a bonneville? I have used the on other bikes (i like the larger grip diameter). Kuryakin says that they don't offer anything for a bonnie, I thought about the 6344 7/8 universal ones, drill out the ends and reinstall factory bar ends...Any body try this yet? I had good luck with this on my wifes Ninja...
I used the universal grips on my 2006 (1" diameter bars), but they didn't fit well. I had to modify them - a PIA -- but they've been on now for 3 years and are truly comfortable. I did not drill out the ends to reinstall the factory bar ends. If you do, let me know how it works out.

Regardless, I wouldn't mess with the universal grips since the 6236 grips (chrome with black iso pads) are specified for Bonnies. I think they're for the 1" bars, though. Good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update...I did get my 7/8 universal kuryakin grips (6344) and with a little modification , I am very happy with the results. Just drill out the ends to allow the to slip on the bar further and reinstall fact weights. What do you guys/gals think?
Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Great info and thanks for posting. The photos are pretty dark -- any chance you could post a couple more that are a bit brighter and better show the ends of the grips. Many thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts