Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone painted the instrument panel on a Bonneville? I quite like the idea of painting mine wrinkle finish black but I would like to see it first.

·
30,406 Posts
I am sure I have seen someone that has done that, but I can't remember who. I suggest checking out the bonneville picture sub forum, and scanning through that.

Also, FYI, Triumph performance USA, one of our sire sponsors offers a core exschange powder coating service for various components, the instrument panel is one of them. Looks good in a nice gloss black - I have been considering it myself.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
John,

This must be one of yours, Yes?
My G_D!
Would love to hear more about this bike, as it is one of the finest, tastefully modded ones I have seen!
Perfect, in every way!

I believe I have seen other photo's of Triumph Twins with the passenger peg, silencer, frame mounts removed.
So clean looking!
Did you do that, and how?...
The rear shocks are?...
Foot pegs and mounts are?...
Inquiring minds would like to know...

Thanks,

Allin

I will now go out and slap my Bonnie in the face and say,"Why don't YOU look like this!"

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Just found John's threads on this bike!
Incredible!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Blacked out D9 layflat sport sport version.

This is the one I'm going to get, that is, if it fits when I finish all the other front end tweaks. That D9 sport bracket it the best one I've seen anywhere. Seth knows his stuff.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Here ya go, Painted flat black with 3 coats of undercoat...
That looks great. What kind of paint did you use?

I have a couple of things I'd like to paint but want to make sure I use a durable paint that won't flake off or fade.

·
Registered
10,669 Posts
I also have the D9 panel, highly recommended, excellent workmanship, looks better than stock.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Black Dash

Should be an easy job to paint it, matt or gloss cellulose, or hammerite for a hard lasting finish.
UK Daveski

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Another zombie thread...

I am going to paint my instrument panel black aswell. What kind of primer and paint should I use? Do I need to treat the panel at all beforehand? I would get it powdercoated, but it looks like a pretty easy job...

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Has anyone painted the instrument panel on a Bonneville? I quite like the idea of painting mine wrinkle finish black but I would like to see it first.
For what it's worth, mine's matte black on my '09 T-100. Not wrinkle of course.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Wrinkle?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I'm sold -- the blacked-out paint job on the instrument panel looks fantastic. That's my next project. Thanks for photos.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Just a quick update:

I think it looks fab! One can Halfords primer, one can Halfords matt black paint. Easy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts