Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

801 - 805 of 805 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Unfortunately, that just removes slop, but my issue is the throttle by wire mapping that has no fidelity.
Have you actually tried taking out the slack in the throttle though it does make a difference.
Do you find your throttle too snappy even in rain mode?
If so there must be a fault with your bike or maybe it's the wrong bike for you.
it just shows how difficult a job it is for the OEM to get a setting that suits everybody, I find my throttle a bit too unresponsive even in sport mode and I'm looking to remap it in the opposite direction to you.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
After 3 years of ownership, I have my first real gripe. The damn lenses on my instrument bezels have developed small cracks. Hopefully I can come up with an inexpensive replacement solution instead of replacing the entire instrument cluster.

I have a couple of these exact same cracks on my 2013 Daytona rev counter, luckily there's only three small ones and they don't seem to have got any worse over the last couple of years, just hope the Thruxton doesn't go the same way as I love the clocks.
Has anybody found the cause of these cracks, I'm thinking either plastic lens is under stress when it's installed or it's a temperature issue.

Don't know why it is that triumphs seem to suffer from the same problems on a wide variety of models over different years:frown2:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I love this thread, I thought I was the only one harbouring annoyances about my work of art motorcycle. While it is a thing of beauty here are my gripes so far and how I have addressed them:

1) Tubed Tyres: My biggest gripe. Seriously, why Triumph?? Two punctures in 6,000 miles were not a fun experience. Have looked into aftermarket wheels or sealing the wheels - too expensive and not a reliable option. Instead I have used tyre sealant in the tubes to prevent rapid deflation. While this hurts acceleration but improves cornering stability.

2) Rear caliper placement: Is it too much to ask to have a brake caliper that does not require removing the entire wheel? Cleaning calipers is a routine job and should not be an hour-long schlapp, I have watched mechanics do this and replacing the wheel is more or less a two-man task. If Triumph can put a sensible rear caliper on the street triple why have they done this on the modern classics??? Free spirits are now making relocator brackets for the range as a result. May purchase..

3) Suspension adjustment. Manual was totally balls-up wrong. After a year of fiddling I worked out the fine tuning and ended up posting my own explanation video on youtube. All round it is a highly stiff ride, especially at the front end. The regular KYB forks may actually be better for everyday riding, having tested the regular Thruxton 1200 I wouldn't say the Showas are worth the cost in performance difference unless you're on the track.
Can you put a link to the video? Cheers

·
Registered
88 Posts
  • Tubed tires are a strange choice.
  • Instrument panel is too dim
  • Single seat is much softer than the duel seat.
  • Terrible gas cap design (2 hands)
I love my '19 TTR. I've got about 1.3k miles on it, and it is running, sounding very nice. I have had a handful of very quick stalls, which i take responsibility for (?). I REALLY WISH SOMEONE WOULD MAKE SOME NICE LOOKING LUGGAGE FOR THIS BIKE.

801 - 805 of 805 Posts