Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 T100 that I am getting ready to swap the stock bars on. I am leaning towards the Biltwell Tracker bars. But I have a couple questions for those that are running the trackers.

Is it a straight swap, or will I need longer cables and do they hit the tank at all?

Second, I'm also looking to go with the Halcyon 830 or 835s, but can't decide between the mirror size.

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi Bp
I have the Bitwell trackers on my 2012 T100 for me it was straight swap with no issues at all. Cables were OK but i took the thin wire stay off from under the instrument panel in order to free up the movement of the cables there. It is no big deal to have them off. Good clearance from the tank and overall i have found them to be very comfortable. I have the crg bar end mirrors on mine they are a little on the small side but have gotten used of riding safely with them.

·
Registered
428 Posts
DSC_0049.jpg

A photo of mine

·
Registered
280 Posts
As the others have said it is a straight swap but be aware that your leavers might have to be set a bit higher if you currently have them fairly low. The master cylinder comes into contact with the bend of the bars if you try to have them too low while keeping the throttle tube a few mm in from the edge of the bars. I have seen people grind down the corner of the master cylinder to keep the brake lever rotated a bit lower.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2014 T100 that I am getting ready to swap the stock bars on. I am leaning towards the Biltwell Tracker bars. But I have a couple questions for those that are running the trackers.

Is it a straight swap, or will I need longer cables and do they hit the tank at all?

Second, I'm also looking to go with the Halcyon 830 or 835s, but can't decide between the mirror size.

Any input would be appreciated.
I had to drill two small holes for instruments to lock in on my scrambler

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine we a straight swap, plenty of cable. Getting the end caps off the OEM bars was a nightmare though. Stripped bolt, drill, fire, and finally a hard hammer strike did the trick. For some, they come right off. Good luck and enjoy the bars. I like them a lot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol Tuna that sounds like my sequence of events when I swapped out the stock grips earlier! And thanks delder, I'll keep that in mind

1 - 10 of 10 Posts