Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the DCC Speedbars for my Thrux as well. Awesome setup. Though if you want to cut them a few inches, you'll need to sand the powdercoating down a bit to avoid the sticky throttle. Other than that, sweet out of the box...

·
Registered
44 Posts
My buddy just installed his DCC Speedbars and he likes them a lot. The quality and fitment right out of the box was very nice. No drilling required and it took us about 15 minutes to install. I'll see if I can snag some pics from him and post them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all,

so I am complete novice at this stuff, but I bought the 1" DCC CR speed bars for my 2013 (mag wheel) Triumph Bonneville se recently.

When the bike mechanics tried to fit them they said that they couldn't because the fittings couldn't fit them, and that a 7/8" bar was probably the right size not a 1".

Now this baffled me as when I went to the DCC site the Speed bars are shown on a 2013 Bonnie and they even say in the blurb that these 1" Speed bars fits the new Bonnevilles...?

What's the deal here? Are my bike mechanics having a laugh (but I dont think so because I saw that there was no way the throttle control would even fit), or have DCC not quite told the whole story correctly, or have I just been a douchebag for missing something?

Im probably a douche but can someone who knows what they are talking about shed some light?

thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
MKE - Thanks for the info!

Yeah I don't understand why either — perhaps something to do with the new mag wheelset up?

I've ridden older Bonnevilles, and the new SE is far more nimble and feels lighter, perhaps the bars play a part in that way?

thanks again!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here some pics of my dime city speed bars installed. I switched the headlight bracket, installed a D-9 low profile gauge bracket, and cut 1 cm of the stock risers.
By chance, could you tell me what you used to cut your risers? Was thinking about buying some T100 risers, but cutting would surely be cheaper. You have the exact setup I want. So far only have a D9 installed. Wasn't sure if the DCC bars would fit with lower risers and the D9. Any issues installing? Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
By chance, could you tell me what you used to cut your risers? Was thinking about buying some T100 risers, but cutting would surely be cheaper. You have the exact setup I want. So far only have a D9 installed. Wasn't sure if the DCC bars would fit with lower risers and the D9. Any issues installing? Thanks!
I used a chop saw. then filed it down by hand to ensure the cuts were perfectly straight. By the way all fits fine...no issues installing.

If you're uncertain about using the chop saw, have a look at the slimline risers from biltwell, which was my plan B. (If I would have screwed up the chopping pat)... since all worked out, I saved myself a few bucks...

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's actually my buddy's bike with the pop up gas cap from New Bonneville. They're actually really nice. I plan on picking a black one up myself.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have my DCC speed bars in a box....just a little hesitant with swapping them out myslef. Last time I tried swapping out clip ons on my sportbike I ruined the accelerator and cost me twice as much to fix it. It seems people are doing it relatively easy.

They look amazing and the ride style is exactly what I am looking for on my bike. I might gain the guts to do it this weekend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anybody have trouble installing these on an EFI bike (specifically a T100 1" bars)? I've had trouble with the beefy tank not clearing some handlebars. I've heard the Biltwell's have this problem.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Riding a '10 Bonneville mag wheel here!
The 7/8" DCC speed bars, would I need shorter brake lines for these to fit?
As for the raw finish, are there any issues leaving them just raw? I guess in regards to corrosion. I wanted to go with a brushed finish to match up with my eventual brushed finished exhaust.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Riding a '10 Bonneville mag wheel here!
The 7/8" DCC speed bars, would I need shorter brake lines for these to fit?
As for the raw finish, are there any issues leaving them just raw? I guess in regards to corrosion. I wanted to go with a brushed finish to match up with my eventual brushed finished exhaust.
I have a 2010 mag wheel, don't have speed bars but have clubman's. I am using the stock cables, however it doesn't look pretty. You have to play around with the clutch cable so they don't bind and make it hard to squeeze.

only pic i have but you can see how my throttle cables stick way out almost over the headlight. I also had to turn the metal tip up that comes out of the brake lever. Said it doesn't look pretty but it works.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I had the Biltwell Clubman bars. Loved the look and the riding position was great whenever you were on a twisty road. But I recently swapped back to the stock bar setup for two reasons: first I spend alot of time commuting on the bike and as such the position got tiring pretty quickly. At speed they are fine, but as soon as you slow down the weight is transferred directly to your arms. And second, the combination of a passenger and clumbmans made the situation even worse.

Just a few thoughts...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I guess the Bonnie wouldn't be my first choice for commuting, but that aside, I bought the DCC Speed Bars —quite simply they transform the look of the Bonnie radically, the bike looks amazing with them, no question.

They are solid quality - no vibration, and yeah, just beautiful.

Negatives?
If you have them in the most extreme position the brakes get a little too close to the indicators, but those indicators need to be changed out for something smaller/different position anyway.And perhaps the steering angle is super tight, more like a racer, so that takes a bit of getting use to, but really, that's not much of issue.

If you do go for them, MAKE SURE you get the right size as Triumph have a habit of singling out specific models making them different.
As an example pretty much most bonnie's will go for the 1" bar, however my mag wheel Bonnie - the 2013 SE model-takes the 7/8".

DCC Speed Bars for the win.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts