Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have a link to these? I searched the forums and a few of the vendors that I am familiar with and have come up empty. Thanks.

I am specifically looking for the black bars.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
If your referring to the peg fwd for long trips, New Bonneville . Com has them in 2 sizes!
I am still considering A SET. Got a long trip somming up. Hope that what you meant?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have any of the long ones on their bike, and care to share a pic. I am hoping the ones that they have pictured on their site are the short ones. Seems like the feet are positioned too high up and not far enough forward.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
very nice this is just what I am looking for, how do the clevises attach to the tube? Did you fabricate the mounting bracket and just weld the tube to it? What thickness of metal did you use for the bracket? For the tube? Have any plans that you might like to share?

<Quote>Argon wire feed and a lathe...</Quote>
What did you use the lathe for? I am assuming that the Argon wire feed is your welder.

Would you be interested in making another set?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
very nice this is just what I am looking for, how do the clevises attach to the tube? Did you fabricate the mounting bracket and just weld the tube to it? What thickness of metal did you use for the bracket? For the tube? Have any plans that you might like to share?

<Quote>Argon wire feed and a lathe...</Quote>
What did you use the lathe for? I am assuming that the Argon wire feed is your welder.

Would you be interested in making another set?
I used a 14" long piece of thin wall 1" steel tubing...
Bought shorter bolts for the clevis as the ones w/ the kit were to long...
Welded a washer to the bolt, slipped the bolt head into the tubing then welded the washer to the tubing...
Turned it on the lathe...
Placed and welded the bracket ( 1 1/2" x 1 1/2'' x 1/4'' ) to the breast plate off the bike...
One point is you must fasten the pegs on the clevis bolts tight B4 you weld them to the tubing so the pegs will fold up at the same angle!
If you ever want to change style of the pegs, they will still work!
My wire feed is not argon, so I used a buddies and his lathe...
Pretty cool and clean, huh!

Well, I have agreed to do some other sets, however I don't get much time to do so.
Maybe after the holidays...
When I do, I'll shoot photo's and or video...
I also could draw up plans also...

pm me and we'll chat...

Oh yeah! To all you other readers of this post, I'm no D9!!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
I used the nb billybars on a trip. My first set was the short ones. Too short for me. Hung my feet over them, on them, worked pretty well. Sent them back to NB and got the long set. I like them. Some do, some don't. I have a 32" inseam.

Here's some pics.

·
Registered
633 Posts
mine:

Pegs removed (these are my passenger pegs – I only install 'em up front for trips)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I got the billy bars from NB and put them on about a month ago - I'm pretty pleased with them. The long version is just right for me (32" inseam, I imagine I look about the same as the guy on the first page who added pics).

One thing disconcerting about them at first is that the bar has some give - all that length and mounted only with two bolts in the center, it feels almost like the bar is loose and has some give (though I triple-checked torque and know it's not going anywhere). I'm used to it now, and know the bar's only for resting my feet - not like there's an way I could stand up on it.

I don't love the kuryakn pegs that came included. Thinking about seeing if I can relocate the passenger pegs up there (since my wife has her own T100, I'm unlikely to ever have a passenger), but not sure if they'll bolt up.

Jeff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts