Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of you TBA and Speedmaster guys were planning on hitting bikeweek this year. I can't take the whole week, but am planning on going for at least 2 days or so. I haven't made any real plans yet, but would like to ride out there with some good british iron instead of the regular HD crowd. :cool:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I will attend Myrtle Beach bike week instead, the ride from Michigan is a bit warmer in May rather than March.

Have fun and take some pictures.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Americade in NY in June.... same reason as above... March is often a terrible time to ride in Canada. Enjoy the week!

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
No offense, but Bike Weeks are often an accident waiting to happen.
By all means have fun guys, but ride safe. :cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
On 2007-01-16 10:07, Matt_the_Rat wrote:
Just wondering if any of you TBA and Speedmaster guys were planning on hitting bikeweek this year. I can't take the whole week, but am planning on going for at least 2 days or so. I haven't made any real plans yet, but would like to ride out there with some good british iron instead of the regular HD crowd. :cool:
Hubby and I will be out there....................I just don't know what days. We usually go out on the weekends and try to do one week day............we live pretty close to Daytona. We will be on either his chopper or heritage. Too soon for me to venture out on my TBA.........my MSF class is in 2 days! I think I will be ready by Biketoberfest though. ~*~ Painted Lady

Paintings...........My Art

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am going to Daytona on Wednesday, March 7 - it will be my first event on my TBA. I hope to do the ride from Daytona to St Augustine on Saturday morning, however, the notice on the website only has a sign up sheet for the Great Smokey Mountain Raid and not Daytona. I sent an email asking about it but didn't get a reply yet. If anyone finds out anything or about any of the events, please post here. I want to see everything I can and ride as many bikes as I can, expecially the Tiger!

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
FYI, my son just came back from Daytona and went to the mega-motorcycle stores in Ormond Beach. It sounds like it's not to be missed.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I emailed Matt Weinert to say the website had the wrong form on-line - they have now updated the Triumph website with new information about the St Augustine Run. It does not appear that there is any registration, just show up and ride! You can click on the link on our TriumphRat home page regarding the upcoming events and it brings you directly to the Triumph page.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'll make it over to Myrtle Beach. It's a nice, enjoyable ride thru the Sandhills from the Charlotte area. I haven't planned what days I'll go, but if anyone is riding down and headed toward Charlotte, maybe we can meet up for the rest of the ride.

BTW
Last year, I saw only 4 other Triumphs at Myrtle.. In comparison, I saw 6 HD's on their side. :(
By my unscientific data & extending the ratio - approx 10,000 new Triumphs sold in the US last year, so that means 15,000 new Harley's were dropped too :(

Wherever you go.... Stay Upright!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts