Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi have signed up for the two day course. Anyone one got any tips apart from not falling off or crashing!

Cheers

DS

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
here are some tips:

- do your homework before you go, i.e. learn basics of how gear shifting works
- get proper gear with yourself, you might not find a good fit helmet there - last thing you want is an aching head
- carry plenty of fluid and food with you, it would be a long day
- pay attention, listen and see what exercises are asked to perform
- don't hesitate to ask questions
- sooner you master gear shifting [up and down] more confident you shall be

good luck !

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
I imagine the Motorcycle Safety Foundation basic course is much the same here the US. I took it a few years back, thinking I knew everything already. I discovered the biggest help was practicing avoidance maneuvers and brake control. Everything taught had significance and meaning. Go into the course with an open mind and an eagerness to do as you're instructed. It'll be worth every minute. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bikesafe.

Just to let you know. A great two days. Mornings classroom stuff, afternoons three hours rideing with a Copper tailing you.
They give you a true assessment of your skill level,what to improve on & how to progress further.

·
Registered
760 Posts
This works for me. Assume everyone has never driven before, and is out to kill you. If you expect it, then it isn't a suprise. Also never speed in traffic.........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts