Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They are blaming in on COVID and backordered part, but it's been more than one month now waiting on an order from Bike Bandit. I am getting ready to ask for a refund and start all over. I see lots of other parts dealers online but I have never used them:

Here's a good video on Gearshaft assembly replacement. I might try to do it without removing the clutch?

·
Driftless Admin
2008 Bonneville Black
11,999 Posts
Good luck. I did manage to cancel one order with them, the other is backordered for 6 months and my request that the order by canceled was ignored. They already charged my credit card, and it has since been deactivated. So that avenue is closed to me. It's only $30, I expect it is just lost money. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

But if I were you, I'd send one email asking that they cancel your order. Then wait a week and if you see no response dispute the transaction with your credit card company.

Bike Bandit is dead, they just don't seem to know it yet.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Bike Bandit seems to have delivery problems for a long while now. I changed some orders to other vendors and there were no issues.
Changing shaft without removing clutch is pretty easy. Just some jiggling with long nose pliers and a screwdriver to get the clip back on. A magnet on a stick also helps.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Bike Bandit is not a good source for Triumph parts.

Reactions: BonnieBlack

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've ordered a couple of items off of BB this summer/fall. All were delayed. All ended up showing up between 2 weeks and 2 months after order was placed. I did call them on one of the orders and the guy on the phone was very cordial and cancelled the order without issue... but maybe I got lucky as I didn't have to wait on hold for more than a minute.

Good luck. I reached out to other places and they all said everything I was looking for was on backorder. I'm not happy that BB doesn't tell you before ordering, but it seems like they are providing the same lead times as elsewhere, BB just doesn't tell you of the delay till you place the order.

Just my experiences.

·
Driftless Admin
2008 Bonneville Black
11,999 Posts
Glad that worked out for you. One item I ordered was a Suzuki shop manual. After a month I was able to cancel the order. Actually, I disputed the charge with my credit card, and a couple hours BB canceled the order. Not sure if that was a coincidence or not. I had requested the cancelation a week prior. Then my local dealer got it for me in a couple days. So, they were available. Not sure why BB couldn't deliver though. There are better options, no need to deal with BB.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Bike Bandit is NOT an authorized dealer of any brand motorcycle.

They are "drop-shippers" buying parts from authorized dealer "partners" usually in violation of that authorized dealer's franchise agreement not to resell and only sell to end users. There is most likely no manufacturer warranty on any parts sold by Bike Bandit and a receipt from Bike Bandit won't get you anywhere with the manufaturer in event of part failure.

When you order from Bike Bandit your parts delivery is at the mercy of the authorized dealer "partner" and their supply chain.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Good parts sources: Hermy's, as mentioned already, and Baxter Cycles in Iowa, and possibly your dealer.

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Bike Bandit has been unreliable for about a year now; multiple problems reported by multiple members. My go-to sources that have been flawless over the last several years include Baxter Cycle [311 4th Street, Marne, IA 51552; (712) 781-2351] and Engle Motors [6633 Truman Road, Kansas City, MO 64126 (816) 241-7554]. Both give accurate information about part availability, backorder timeframe, and delivery dates.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've experienced the same problem with Bike Bandit. When ordering OEM Triumph parts, they order from a supplier. I assume the supplier is a Triumph dealership or corporate wahehouse. Parts don't come directly to you but have to go to Bike Bandit first.

Try your local Triumph dealer. In Seattle, the parts department has been helpful to me. I've been told that Triumph Corporate is trying to improve parts availability through their dealers.

Hermy's is good too.

I had a 2001 Bonneville. I always hated having to order parts. Parts for my older Triumphs are much easier to get. I think that Just-In-Time production is the problem. Modern manufacturers don't make extra parts like they used to. A part sitting on a shelf is a tax liability.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've experienced the same problem with Bike Bandit. When ordering OEM Triumph parts, they order from a supplier. I assume the supplier is a Triumph dealership or corporate wahehouse. Parts don't come directly to you but have to go to Bike Bandit first.

Try your local Triumph dealer. In Seattle, the parts department has been helpful to me. I've been told that Triumph Corporate is trying to improve parts availability through their dealers.

Hermy's is good too.

I had a 2001 Bonneville. I always hated having to order parts. Parts for my older Triumphs are much easier to get. I think that Just-In-Time production is the problem. Modern manufacturers don't make extra parts like they used to. A part sitting on a shelf is a tax liability.
And many dealers won''t invest in inventory EVEN when they are padding SRP increasing the prices to customers.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bike Bandit has been unreliable for about a year now; multiple problems reported by multiple members. My go-to sources that have been flawless over the last several years include Baxter Cycle [311 4th Street, Marne, IA 51552; (712) 781-2351] and Engle Motors [6633 Truman Road, Kansas City, MO 64126 (816) 241-7554]. Both give accurate information about part availability, backorder timeframe, and delivery dates.
I have personally done business with Engle Motors and Hermys. They are reliable. I have heard only positives about Baxter as well.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bike Bandit refunded. Parts arrived from Hermy's in 10 days.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I spoke too soon. I got the wrong shaft, apparently for older engines than mine. Hopefully Hermy's will exchange.

FYI, here is what broke on my gearchange shaft, a piece of the shifter broke off.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had an order with Bikebandit for my track bike, Yamaha, and after a month they had no ETA for the parts. Cancelling the order was a breeze, just a phone call and in less than a minute they had cancelled it.

Honestly I'm a bit surprised, I had never had any problems with them before. Ended up buying used parts on fleabay, but now I'm wondering where I should be shopping for bike parts if BikeBandit is doing so bad.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts