Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have been riding for two hours. Stop to get gas and now bike would not accelerate. It will crank but not continue running.

Does this sound familiar?

This space intentionally left blank.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the bike runs? But will not idle? Or it cranks and won't start? Well need a clearer explanation to help.

It starts and idles but add any throttle and it dies. And if you let it idle long enough, it will die on its own. I am thinking I got some bad gas.

It cleared up for a while and I got further up the road, but now more of the same.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well bike got towed. It will be two weeks before I pick it up. Gee, what will the storage fee cost me?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the story continues. Since my truck did not have a hitch receiver, I took it to a place to have one installed. While there I reserved a uhaul trailer one way, to get my bike home. Well I went to their other location to have a look at their trailers for sale. I mentioned that I wanted a Condor wheel chock as well. They replied that they had one in stock.

So Monday I am to pick up a new 4x8 trailer with wheel chock installed and go retrieve my Sprint.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Did you replace your IACV hoses already?

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
That's the first place to look for any idle problem.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well today I drained the tank and refilled it with fresh gas and some marvel mystery oil to lube the fuel pump, to take care of any water that was in it.

It cranked up no problem and seems to run fine. More test rides tomorrow, Lord willing...

PS: on my trip this weekend abbreviated as it was, the stock seat was very comfortable for the two hours I was in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts