Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any stand in the US that is readily available and easy to get that will fit the Street Triple? I think they're called paddock stands or something but I haven't been able to find any in the US that will fit.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Does that harbor freight stand have an attachment to use swingarm spools? If not, be very careful using stand that lifts from swingarm itself - bike is more prone to slipping off (in my experience w/ my SV and cheap stand). I gave up and got a pit bull. Spools are more stable,preferrable IMHO.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Easy Wheeler II

I have a Speed Triple and wanted to share my experience with the Easy Wheeler II. It's very expensive (almost $200 with shipping) but it's built like a machine part to a tank turret and comes with a lifetime warranty. To be honest, I either didn't trust the quality of other stands and/or my ability to use them without dropping my bike (mostly the latter). With the Easy Wheeler, I didn't need any help at all. Plus, the stand is so beautifully made it's like art. The first time I used it, I couldn't help but put plastic under it rather than put it directly on the ground. So if you're looking for something idiot-proof, check out Easy Wheeler.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Harbor Freight sells two models of stands. I have two of their aluminum ones and it comes with bobbin hooks. At least I think that it comes with the hooks. I might of bought the hooks as an accessory - can't remember as I have had them for about a year. They are lightweight and don't rust and they are inexpensive. They work great on my Street Triple and my Tuono.

·
Premium Member
4,772 Posts
The aluminum Harbor stand does indeed come with hooks the paddles are available as an accessory. The bigger steel stand that Harbor sells has paddles but they don't sell hooks as an accessory. The steel stand with the paddles is extremely strong and very stable the bike will not slip on it.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Harbor Freight has a spool/bobbin stand as well, $50. Item number 99701. BTW, there is a 20% coupon in just about every MC and auto mag. out there which saves you $10 on this stand. Here's a pic. of the stand with the HF bobbins which are $5 for the pair. Works as well as any but significantly cheaper than most!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.