Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any stand in the US that is readily available and easy to get that will fit the Street Triple? I think they're called paddock stands or something but I haven't been able to find any in the US that will fit.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I have the Pit Bull forward-handle for my rear stand. If I were to do it all over, I'd pay the piper and get the Abba stand from England.

Neanderthal

·
Registered
232 Posts
Does that harbor freight stand have an attachment to use swingarm spools? If not, be very careful using stand that lifts from swingarm itself - bike is more prone to slipping off (in my experience w/ my SV and cheap stand). I gave up and got a pit bull. Spools are more stable,preferrable IMHO.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Easy Wheeler II

I have a Speed Triple and wanted to share my experience with the Easy Wheeler II. It's very expensive (almost $200 with shipping) but it's built like a machine part to a tank turret and comes with a lifetime warranty. To be honest, I either didn't trust the quality of other stands and/or my ability to use them without dropping my bike (mostly the latter). With the Easy Wheeler, I didn't need any help at all. Plus, the stand is so beautifully made it's like art. The first time I used it, I couldn't help but put plastic under it rather than put it directly on the ground. So if you're looking for something idiot-proof, check out Easy Wheeler.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Harbor Freight sells two models of stands. I have two of their aluminum ones and it comes with bobbin hooks. At least I think that it comes with the hooks. I might of bought the hooks as an accessory - can't remember as I have had them for about a year. They are lightweight and don't rust and they are inexpensive. They work great on my Street Triple and my Tuono.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Rear Paddock Stand

I bought a universal stand for $47.95 with free shipping from motomasterusa off ebay. It works fine. It comes with hooks and paddles. I had to put it together. I didn't see a need to spend a lot of money.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Harbor Freight has a spool/bobbin stand as well, $50. Item number 99701. BTW, there is a 20% coupon in just about every MC and auto mag. out there which saves you $10 on this stand. Here's a pic. of the stand with the HF bobbins which are $5 for the pair. Works as well as any but significantly cheaper than most!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts