Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
22 year old son and I both had the day off today, and went bike browsing at the three local dealers. Interesting.

Triumph/Yamah/Star dealer:

XT 250 dual sport - very comfy, light, looks like fun
ST1050 sport-tourer & Tiger 1050 standard... Wow... I'm in triple lust...
Giant 2300 cc Rocket.. Bigger engine than in our Subaru... Amazing machine. Huge.
Too many Harley look-alike cruisers for me to tell apart. Lots of chrome.

Honda dealer: two cruisers a Rebel 250 and a CBR 1000 on the floor. Hmmm. My wife might be interested in the Rebel. Cute little thing. CBR looked too seriously fast for the welfare of my drivers license!

Harley/Buell/Suzuki/Kawasaki dealer: (yes, all under one roof)
HD's priced to nearly $40,000... Although the majority were somewhere around half that. Big. Nicely painted and chromed. Looks like my wife would be very comfortable on the back of one of those strato-lounger seats.

Buell - several interesting ones, including a still new '06 Uly for $10k. They had a pair of the new liquid cooled 1125's too. Mean looking devil bikes...

Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - goodness - for not much money a fellow can certainly buy a VERY powerful & fast bike.

Suzuki B-King - same statement. Hayabusa too. A used one too, for about $8k. That could be entertaining.

Kawasaki KLR 650... Hmmm. Interesting. Some wind protection, but hasn't forgotten that it's a dual sport. Six gallon fuel capacity! Wow... I could do that, happily.

My impressions. Son wanted everything from the XT 250 to the 1125 Buell and liked the B-King too. I told him he could buy whatever he darned well wanted... As long as my checkbook isn't involved! He rode home in the truck with me!

·
Premium Member
17,487 Posts
Follow your lust. It does pain me to know we can't look forward to more pictures of your red and white Scrambler. Unless you've decided that this will be an addition, not a replacement.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
I love how you call zero to lost license in under three seconds entertaining. Of course that is only if you choose to stop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts