Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forum and can't see much about tattoo's.

I'm no tattoo junkie, I'm going to design my own half - 3/4 sleeve showing what I've done with the first 20 odd years of my life and I wanted to involve motorbiking.

I'm not looking to steal your ideas, I thoroughly believe that tattoo's should have meaning and be personal (my only tattoo was drawn for me by my girlfriend).

So, I wandered if anyone had a bike-related tattoo. I'm not artistic and am looking for ideas

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have tattoos, not motorcycle related ones (yet). What style of tattoo are you planing to get that you want to incorporate motorcycle elements?

How about something with a chain and sprocket? Could probably work something simple like that into almost any style, and would work well with the real estate you are choosing.

Unless you have big arms, trying to capture 20 years worth of life in a half sleeve is a mistake ... unless you are only looking to capture 3-4 different elements.

What style are you looking at?
What are some of the other themes/elements do you want expressed in this tattoo?
Are you wanting something Triumph specific or generic motorcycle?
Do you want it to be a literal representation or a more symbolic connection to motorcycle?

If your answer includes barbed wire, armband or tribal please get a t-shirt instead! :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about something with a chain and sprocket? Could probably work something simple like that into almost any style, and would work well with the real estate you are choosing.

that sort of simplicity sounds good to me

Unless you have big arms, trying to capture 20 years worth of life in a half sleeve is a mistake ... unless you are only looking to capture 3-4 different elements.

elements is correct, its not a timeline but just personal to me so will put in key points. for example I was a 2012 London games maker and I'd like that in there too

What style are you looking at?
What are some of the other themes/elements do you want expressed in this tattoo?
Are you wanting something Triumph specific or generic motorcycle?
Do you want it to be a literal representation or a more symbolic connection to motorcycle?

as before, simple representation is preferred. I love my triumph but unless I have one for 40 years I won't put it on my arm

If your answer includes barbed wire, armband or tribal please get a t-shirt instead! :)

agreed 100%
[/QUOTE]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
After 2 years of riding for pie with a group of triumph peeps, hilariously calling ourselves the PIE-RATS, it was time to include a mention in the story on my skin suit. I worked out an awesome conceptual design for some ink with TIE-Pilot (Yes, there was liquor involved)- Thee Bean just shook her head. It's the Triumph triangle logo with an artistic and carefully placed squiggle. Kind of looks like a piece of PIE! It's really high up on my thigh though, integrated into some other stuff- not going to be posting a pic- but trust me it looks awesome!

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have a tattoo of Darkwing Duck on his motorcycle on my left calf. It's my way of mixing my nerdiness with my awesomeness.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I'm planning something based on my two Postie Bike Challenge experiences. Postie Bike, map of Oz, the two routes identified, something along those lines. My daughter and I have a couple of pieces we got together, and she rode in this year's PBC with me so she might be getting something, too.

H

·
0 Posts
After 2 years of riding for pie with a group of triumph peeps, hilariously calling ourselves the PIE-RATS, it was time to include a mention in the story on my skin suit. I worked out an awesome conceptual design for some ink with TIE-Pilot (Yes, there was liquor involved)- Thee Bean just shook her head. It's the Triumph triangle logo with an artistic and carefully placed squiggle. Kind of looks like a piece of PIE! It's really high up on my thigh though, integrated into some other stuff- not going to be posting a pic- but trust me it looks awesome!

Just out of genuine curiosity you understand Mary, nothing weird mind you.:rolleyes: If you get a really cool tattoo in places you you wont show folks how are we, your adoring audience to know if you really have one? Picture or two could prove it and remove any doubt.:D

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I'm shocked you would question this HAP! But I'm pretty sure it got flashed at Triumphs in Taos before I changed out of that slinky orange mini dress. Oh yeah- you weren't there! Then again, you could always ask Dogtired when you see him :)

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
He was talking about the intricate detail in it just last night. :rolleyes:

H

·
0 Posts
I'm shocked you would question this HAP! But I'm pretty sure it got flashed at Triumphs in Taos before I changed out of that slinky orange mini dress. Oh yeah- you weren't there! Then again, you could always ask Dogtired when you see him :)

Not that I doubt you dear lady, it is those other rascals who put me up to it. I have put a call into Dog so he can verify the tat to those other guys Not me as I trust you and can day dream about the tat and mini.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts