Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This month's cycle world reports that internatuionally the DAytona got the most votes for bike of the year.Anyone on this forum have one they can comment on versus their Bonny?Obviously faster, but how about comfort, gas mileage, reliability etc?

·
Registered
868 Posts
There's a whole other forum on Sport & Touring on this site. Maybe check with the boys and girls on that side.

I've been envying a D675 since they first came out. From what I've learned, its really a track / thrash bike. A bit cramped for the bigger guys but all the performance you could hope for.

It still tops my list for a 2nd bike when / if that ever happens.

P

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Oh man, that 675 is hands down a hot bike. Comparing the 675 to the Bonnie? I wouldn't go there. Two entirely different approaches to a grand time on two wheels.

I'd love to have both, and if the 675 had been out when I bought the Thrux, I'd have had the 675 instead. I absolutely love Triumph's triple.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Add me to the long list of fans worshiping the 675 BabyTona from afar. But make mine that slate gray...... oh yeaaah, gotta love it!

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
Watch the oil level closely if you get a Daytona. One of the gang at (UK) Bike magazine destroyed an engine by not watching the oil level in the first 1000 miles or so. It seems to consume a lot of oil. (I might be able to dig out the article if I really try.)

He didn't criticize the bike, but wondered how/why a new engine would consume that much oil. He didn't think to check it as often as it obviously needed to be checked.

·
Registered
72 Posts
On 2007-01-09 13:58, Olderyoungster wrote:
Add me to the long list of fans worshiping the 675 BabyTona from afar. But make mine that slate gray...... oh yeaaah, gotta love it!
I'm right there with you, the color is just great!

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
While magazines give a lot of credit to the 675 for being a great motorcycle and unanimous Bike of the Year, the Bonnie is a whole different set of factors. The 675 is pound for pound the most fun bike on the street. A lot of folks will start to gravitate to the latest techno race rep wonder, the Ducati 1098, which will be the Bike of The Year in 2007. The Bonneville is probably going to win the Bike of The Year category for most smiles per mile because of its simplicity and straightforwardness. BIKE magazine rated it as the 4th bike in the "Effortless Cool" category for all time based upon the bikes lack of pretention and honest "get what you asked for" value. I have ridden a 675, whcih was amazing. I own a 955i, which is also great. The bike that will outlast all comers in my garage is the Bonnie. The 955i will leave only when I can't hold on to 130hp/150mph + any more.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Dare I ask, but......

I wanna hear more from folks who have ridden the "little" 675 BabyTona. I haven't ridden one, hell.... I can't even reach the tarmac from one. But aren't they saying this sub-700 triple is delivering a hundred some horsepower to the rear wheel?!?! And what does it weigh with a full tank of gas & oiled up?

When somebody who owns/rides a 130 horsepower 955 triple sings the praises of the 675, I wanna hear more about this baby beast!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts