Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stating what we already knew, BIKE magazine December issue proclaimed the winner in the "Effortless Cool" category as the 1997-1998 T595 Daytona. The mag stated that in spite of the bike being heavier and slower than the hot litre bikes of the time,, they heaped words such as "organic" "Sexy" "looks fantastic", the big boy was stated as being "understated-it does without florescent graphics, headline power figures or glittering race pedigree. ...a very cool 150mph sportsbike." We knew that!
The only problem I have is that my Bonneville finsihed 4th in the same category (good), but behind a Honda C50?!?!?!

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Back around 2001 or 02 I was working in San Diego and a coworker bought a used one in mint condition. It sounded awesome and looked great. That is when I started looking at Triumph as my next bike when I was able to.

[ This message was edited by: TechmanBD on 2006-12-14 17:01 ]

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YOu know, I've been blowing alot of smoke about the new Ducati's, but this bike takes it from them. Daytonas' have a pretty cool heritage themself. The next generation, when it comes, will be worth the wait I'm sure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone have the December issue that they will part with? I did not receive my issue and my local news stands were sold out.

·
Registered
540 Posts
So cool I have today bought a 2001 Daytona in silver,which is the last year the original 'T595' shape was made. I previouslly had a newer 955 Daytona which was a great bike but somehow the original shape is really lovely and I agree it will be a classic. My new purchase has been down the road but has been professionallly repaired and hopefully will be a joy. Will compliment my Tbird and Tiger so now I have a bike for every mood. The garage is now overcrowded so a tidy-up is needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts