Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to become the owner of a new Thruxton, can anyone recommend a Insurance company with good policy/prices in Sydney NSW.
Many thanks
Thruxtor:confused:

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
I`ve found Shannons low use policy the cheapest, especially if you have more than one bike. There`s no limit on how many K`s you can do but they won`t give you the policy if you are a daily commuter. You have to tell them you are a RAT member too, for further discount. If you commute on it, or use it every day I`d try QBE.

·
Registered
13 Posts
try Shannons

I insured my Rocket 3 Touring for weekend and limited use (not commuting) for $560.00 for $29500.00 $500.00 excess and a free windsceen every year! Thought that was pretty good value. Insure My Ride was similar but thought Shannons had a bigger profile. Did it all on line!

Good luck and may you never need to claim!

Cookshillboy

·
Registered
21 Posts
with a bit of judicious price-matching, i had my thunderbird insured by qbe for $9500 (current market value) + $2000 for gear at a cost of about $325 pa. just changed to agreed value (since i have added lots of accessories since buying) for an extra $55 - but this will cost me an extra $100 rather than just $55 when the term of the policy comes up for renewal. i didn't get a quote from shannons.

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
When I fired my Speed Triple into the scenery, a week after this thread was first posted, Shannons coughed up for a replacement bike, all my gear and all the accessories, in just under 3 weeks, no fuss, no arguing. I was very happy.
I`ve also heard good things about claims with 'insure my ride' and some bad things about QBE.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I insured online with 'insure my ride'. Very good premium and insured for more thatn I paid for it. Looks good so far but yet to be tested with a claim (and hopefully it wont come to that!).

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yes, I did a bit of shopping around and found Insure My Ride to be the best. Better still, they seem to recognize the value of the Centenary Edition. I bought it for $7500 and they insured it at market value for $13,000!!

I know I am probably paying a premium for that although at least I know I have the replacement costs covered if I ever needed it (knock on wood, have not needed to claim on any insurance for over 10 years).

Having an alarm, garaged and low km usage helps....

·
Registered
342 Posts
How are you guys with modifications dealing with these insurance companies?

I have a high mount CF pipe and a Power Commander (both disallowed by Insure My Ride).

It's OK to tell porkies to get the insurance but when the assessor views the carnage (or IF he views the carnage) he's going to trash your claim.

With CF bits all over my bike, pipe, screen, pazzo's, seat and PC custom set for my bike, I'm so in trouble if I have to claim. Then there's the front brake modifications.

My only hope would be to transport the crashed bike to my house and hide the evidence (given that I survived intact).

Linz :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
How are you guys with modifications dealing with these insurance companies?

I have a high mount CF pipe and a Power Commander (both disallowed by Insure My Ride).

It's OK to tell porkies to get the insurance but when the assessor views the carnage (or IF he views the carnage) he's going to trash your claim.

With CF bits all over my bike, pipe, screen, pazzo's, seat and PC custom set for my bike, I'm so in trouble if I have to claim. Then there's the front brake modifications.

My only hope would be to transport the crashed bike to my house and hide the evidence (given that I survived intact).

Linz :)
Linz, haven't had to claim yet so not sure how strict they'd be on mods. Its a tough issue becuase bikes and mods go hand in hand. Unfortunately, insurance companies will always eliminate unknown variables to minimise their risk.

Meggs

·
Registered
169 Posts
insurance

Prior to picking my bike up today I did some ringing around etc.

I ended up going with ebike insurance. 319.00 per annum full comprehensive and all the trimmings, towing, emergency funds,
4 grand accessories etc.

also received a response from RAC, and I nearly fell of my chair
when I read their offer
$1500.00 per annum, nearly 5 times of ebike.
I was compelled to reply to see if it was a typo, looking forward
to their response

1 - 11 of 11 Posts