Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anybody have or can point me to a web site that lists all of the differenet models and what the associated code is for each varient?

Is my 97 Trident Sprint a T300, a T301, etc.

This would be useful info, especially when thinking about acquiring parts, as I understand the early (carb) Tridents, Sprints and Daytona's shared a lot of stock items between them.

Any help, as always, greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
351 Posts
Concur!

I lucked out and found a Fuel Sender from a 2006 Sprint ST yesterday on eBay. The picture caught my eye as similar to the Tiger unit. I went out on Bike Bandit and confirmed the part numbers were the same.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
You can find some here if the site starts working again:

http://www.ianchadwick.com/motorcycles/triumph/models.html

Unfortunately, they're essentially useless. Almost all of the T3 series bikes were T309 followed by a letter or 2, the T509 Speed Triple was the only one really known by code, & people still think the T595 Daytona is a 600cc machine.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hi Steve,

While Ian Chadwick's site is out, the attached details may be of interest (taken from
cache). As Kit has hinted, this information does not appear to be of any use when talking to anybody about parts, etc....

**********Is my 97 Trident Sprint a T300, a T301, etc.?***********
Fyi, the Trident Sprint title appears to only have been used for the 1993 (i.e. first "Sprint") model year, and from 1994 onwards the half-faired model was then known by the single word Sprint. The 1993 model had Trident 900 transfers on its side-panels and the word Sprint on each side of the half-fairing.
I guess you could have a '97 Trident with a Sprint Manufacturing half-fairing? Can you clarify please?

The T300 machines are a family built using the "modular" concept, sharing many common parts. However there are detail differencies, and a good starting point for you may be to look at the Hinkley Triumph Motorcycle Gallery in the Photo Gallery (see Main Menu on the left) to get a good visual idea of the models and main differences first?

Unfortunately there is too much detail to list the differences (and common parts). Did you have anything specific in mind?

Best regards,
Geoff

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi GeoffE,

Thanks for the info, nothing specific in mind, except keeping an eye out for bargin spares as and when they come up for sale. The original idea was to understand (if poss) which bikes belong to which familiy etc, just so I could do some mix & matching on spares. I don't know what prices are like in the US and other global locations, but they are still high here in the UK, and as I understand from the local dealership, Triumph are only obliged (commercially) to stock spares for 10 years. As my bike is already 11 years old, I guess I'd like to acquire a few bits and pieces just to keep it on the road for a few years longer.

The txt file is a good start - many thanks again,
Kind regards
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts