Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode my Thrux to a customer today, and when I went to leave after only an hour, no fire. It turns over, but won't fire. Seems like the ignition doesn't fire when hot.

I went back in a few hours and it started right up. Rode it to a friend's that has my flatbed and guess what? No start again when hot.

I trailered it home so I can take it to the dealer and still get home.

Any guesses as to what they will find? It is still under warranty.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I doubt it's the batt cable, it turns over with authority, just no spark.

Either way, the dealer will fix it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
On 2007-03-07 11:01, monkeyboy wrote:
after only an hour, no fire.
How many miles do you have on the Bonnie? Wonder if they have a problem with a particular lot? Sad to have a trailerable failure so early in.

·
Registered
96 Posts
G'day mate.
Can I have a bet on the coil ----$5 bet it is.!!!!!
If its the coil or the Black Box (aussie speak) don't let Triumph rip you off for a new part----they will !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Try New Bonnie or some one.You blokes in the USA are lucky to have the shops in the same country.We have to fly em over the big blue.
All the best . Macca :upthumb:

·
Registered
173 Posts
When my bike was new it would die when hot. It turned out to be the crank pickup. It would fire up after letting it sit anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour.

VR6 :hammer:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They called me yesterday, it's the crank sensor. Warranty is covering it, and they will call me when it's done.

Less than 24 hours and I got my call.

I love So Cal Triumph.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Glad yours is up and running....mine was down for about a month during the summer.

I guess Lucas started making parts again, because a lot of bikes have had problems with one of those 3 parts (Ignition Coil, Igniter, or Crank Pick-up sensor).
:evil:

[ This message was edited by: Panthermark on 2007-03-09 18:33 ]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts