Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Not sure if anyone has had this problem before but whilst coming to a stop, my bike idle becomes a bit low and occasssionally cuts off.
I thought this might be due to my riding skills, but it has happened more than once.
Im not at a stage where im very worried as this has only happened a few times and im not sure what the problem could be.
Is there anyone that has experiencied anything similar and if so what was your resolution if there was one.

this only occured while coming to a stop so i was already in 1st gear and on a decline. im thinking maybe injectors need to be cleaned or bad fuel or something along those lines.
I have checked all electrical connections to make sure nothing is loose or damaged and have come up with nothing out of the ordinary.

Planning on doing a service soon, maybe this might solve the issue maybe not.

·
Super Moderator
8,631 Posts
Check your throttle position sensor.

It's funny to think of it, but the earliest Daytona 675s are now teenagers. They qualify as older bikes now and are going to start having some older bike weirdness.

·
Super Moderator
8,631 Posts
It could also be a grounding or other wiring harness problem. That will be harder to find than a TPS problem.

·
Registered
528 Posts
If this has not been sorted.. the quickest way to check the tps is to conext your bike to tuneecu. It will give you your tps setting..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,631 Posts
Loose battery terminals. They have to be tight.
Ah, yes. I have had that happen - put the battery in and don't tighten the terminals down enough and weird faults turn up. The bike may not start but act fine other wise. It may start and then exhibit other problems. You don't get away with some of the shortcuts you might get away with when dealing with an old style battery in an automobile or truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts