Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was tossing around the idea of ordering my gaskets threw bike bandit, but do not know if it will take longer threw them or the dealer. I know the dealer get my parts in about a week.I think that good! I didnt want to be waiting three weeks for some gaskets to save a couple dollars by ordering threw bike bandit. Are the prices cheaper threw bike bandit? How was your experience with them fast or average on shipping?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I ordered a Raptor vented jacket on a Tuesday and UPS had it to me on Friday...not too bad for standard shipping. I've had pretty good luck with Bike Bandit, and if you enter "triumphrat" in the promo code box you'll get 10% off.

·
Super Moderator
22,141 Posts
I ordered a Raptor vented jacket on a Tuesday and UPS had it to me on Friday...not too bad for standard shipping. ....
That's for part in stock - they have disclaimer on website that Triumph parts take 10 days plus shipping (because they do not hold any Triumph parts in inventory)

Triumph parts will take longer than BikeBandit.com’s stated average shipping times due to delayed deliveries from the manufacturer. Please allow up to 10 days for shipment.
So count on 2 weeks

The prices on BB for Triumph parts are what your dealer will charge you, but then factor in the -10%.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's for part in stock - they have disclaimer on website that Triumph parts take 10 days plus shipping (because they do not hold any Triumph parts in inventory)

So count on 2 weeks

The prices on BB for Triumph parts are what your dealer will charge you, but then factor in the -10%.
I was thinking the same plus I would half to pay for shipping. I will just run down to the dealer and get parts ordered. They only take about six days max to get parts in. Wich is way better than back in 2001 when I was redoing my bike last time. It would take weeks to get a part from them. Thaks guys.

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
I ordered factory Triumph parts from Bike Bandit last spring and they took 3 weeks to recieve. If you're not in a hurry for the parts they're fine to deal with. If you want them quickly, don't bother with them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered factory Triumph parts from Bike Bandit last spring and they took 3 weeks to recieve. If you're not in a hurry for the parts they're fine to deal with. If you want them quickly, don't bother with them.
Thats what I needed to know. I figured three weeks. I will just stick with dealer for all my oem parts I need. I wouldnt mind if it was winter time to wait for the parts just in a hurry to get back on the road.

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
Thats what I needed to know. I figured three weeks. I will just stick with dealer for all my oem parts I need. I wouldnt mind if it was winter time to wait for the parts just in a hurry to get back on the road.
I was in a hurry also. I had just bought the bike and it needed parts before I could even start it. I saw the 10 day disclaimer but I assumed they'd error on the side of caution and maybe it would be 5 days or so. For me it was actually 12 business days before then even shipped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts