Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
That's my new mantra.

My front end parts were ordered on March 28th & I finally got a partial shipment on April 17th! Only got 1 fork seal...the rest was not shipped, but not called out as a backorder. So I ended up paying $7.95 shipping for one flipping seal. "Never buy anything at Bike Bandit".

I cancelled & picked up the rest of the front end stuff today from the dealer located an hour south of where I live...the dealer took 6 days to get it from my verbal order last friday & actually had the correct valve shim in stock that I found out I needed last night while swapping cams. "Never buy anything at Bike Bandit"

Hurray. Time to get the front end back together, get those cams buttoned up, the tank back on, and fire her up for the first ride of the year.

Cheers,

--Rich

p.s. - "Never buy anything at Bike Bandit"

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I have noted that Triumph parts are slower to arrive from that supplier, although they do say to allow for delays on their website. I ordered a 2 pin set (for the rear brake caliper) and only received one pin. They were courteous on the phone and said they would ship out another pin no questions asked at no cost to me.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
It's not Bikebandit's fault, it's Triumph's fault. I've experienced this too. Triumph is slow in getting the parts to BB.

For Triumph factory parts I use either Baxter Cycle, or call my friend Carlos at South Bay. They both can get parts within a week or so.

Bikebandit is very fast for most other manufacturers. When I ordered Suzuki parts for my sv650 parts swap it only took a week or so to get the parts to my doorstep.

I would suggest a modification for your mantra: "never buy any Triumph parts from Bikebandit"

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Yeah, if you're in a hurry not the best option. I ordered cables just to have for when I need them. Opend the damaged box - lo! No clutch cabled. E-mailed them, like two minutes an apology, got the cable in less than a week.
I'll definitely use 'em for OEM stuff I need but factor in a bunch of lead time. Think I'll try Baxter as well.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I've been told that Triumph have realised that they are getting a bad reputation in the market for poor/delayed supply of repair parts so "apparently" they have completely stocked their Georgia warehouse to reduce delivery times - at the same time that they increased the cost of their parts...

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
I've been told that Triumph have realised that they are getting a bad reputation in the market for poor/delayed supply of repair parts so "apparently" they have completely stocked their Georgia warehouse to reduce delivery times - at the same time that they increased the cost of their parts...
Buying Triumph parts sucks Beavis.

·
30,533 Posts
Bikebandit do make it clear on their website that Triumph parts take longer than other parts.

I basically go through my dealer or TPUSA. Haven't tried baxter cycle yet simply because my dealer is fabulous and gives me a fair discount on everything. So that's nice.

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
I've had to alter the topic title, it reflects onto the Home Page on new posts and publicises a statement that is unsupported on that page.

Within the thread itself the reasons for the statement can be readily discussed.

thanks

---------------
Ride on ! :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Bikebandit do make it clear on their website that Triumph parts take longer than other parts.

I basically go through my dealer or TPUSA. Haven't tried baxter cycle yet simply because my dealer is fabulous and gives me a fair discount on everything. So that's nice.
Bingo! Funny what one finds when they look and not just rish through a site to order. :rolleyes: I've dealt with Bike Bandit before with good results but for the most part, I'll spend a few extra dollars and buy through my local dealer. Best to support he local guy face to face than some unknown only to save a couple dollars.

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
Bike Bandit

I expect the delay in getting parts, but the random cancellations are annoying, especially because they don't send notification. You're left wondering what happened to the rest of the order, including the one part they didn't send that was the real reason for sending the order in the first place.

I'd rather not give the one local Triumph dealer more business than I have to, so I order from Baxter when I've had enough of Bike Bandit. If the local dealer would actually stock some parts, I'd be happy to support him.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, to be honest, I'm as mad at myself as I am at Bike Bandit...I should have been on top of this and had the parts on order mid-winter. Though I didn't see their disclaimer, I did get sucked in by not having to pay sales tax nor drive 2+ hrs. round trip to the dealer...also was enticed by what I thought were 'in stock' parts and the 10% ama discount. My bad.

My mantra, however, will remain unchanged. It would have taken 6 weeks for them to produce 2 fork seals, 2 dust seals, and 2 crush washers - that is providing they could manage to ship the remaining bits all at one time! - which is completely unacceptable for normal wear parts fitted on a machine that is currently in production/been around for almost a decade.

Regards,

--Rich

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bike Bandit is terrible. April 8th I ordered some small parts like bolts and a battery strap from the Bandit. The internet says order "closed" "shipped". I still don't have the parts. ***! 3 weeks to send me a bolts.

Like Sweet said "use the hell out of the site" just dont place an order.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've had mixed luck - not bike bandit's fault (unless it's a fault of not following up or maybe communicating better).

Had a few cancellations, even though the parts still show available on the website (triumph no longer stocks some things they have listed... so remove it already!).

I've had orders get here in a week, some take 5 weeks. I use them if I'm not in a hurry. Like in the middle of december with a project.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
It's not Bikebandit's fault, it's Triumph's fault. I've experienced this too. Triumph is slow in getting the parts to BB.

For Triumph factory parts I use either Baxter Cycle, or call my friend Carlos at South Bay. They both can get parts within a week or so.

Bikebandit is very fast for most other manufacturers. When I ordered Suzuki parts for my sv650 parts swap it only took a week or so to get the parts to my doorstep.

I would suggest a modification for your mantra: "never buy any Triumph parts from Bikebandit"
Well put . +1

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry for all the bad experiences. I ordered a clutch lever for my Thruxton and it arrived a week later. No problems. I wouldn't order something from them if I needed it right away though. However, I've always had great success using them. I had a '78 Suzuki GS400 and I ordered tons of parts from them and never had a problem.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have parts from another popular dealer that have been on order since last June or July! Funny thing is....its $4.50!!!

My Bike Bandit orders are about a 3 week average wait time. I don't like it, but I can deal with it by planning accordingly. I buy what I can locally though - copper washers, make my own gaskets. It just makes more sense.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The warning is clearly stated about the delay in getting Triumph parts and the prices at Bike Bandit are as high as any I have seen. However, Bike Bandit has a very useful site, especially the online schematics. I visit the sire often but never buy anything from them.

--dfeaster

·
Registered
276 Posts
ordered new progressive rear shocks from them for my KZ1000 a week before leaving for Phoenix last July. Overnighted them. Took then 4 days to arrive and opened the box to find fork springs to some Honda. They did ship a free set of Shocks to my Uncle's house, but by the time I got to Colorado... bah what's the point, wrong shocks again. Not a great company to buy stuff from, 3 of my friends have been burned as well.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
I use the hell out of their website for the exploded parts diagrams though :D
+1...i do this all the time, and use it to get the correct part number if i need to order an OEM part from the dealer. i wrecked back in october when i was in denver, just before i moved to san diego, and priced all the parts and part numbers from bike bandit, then called a local dealer in SoCal and ordered the parts through them (some parts were a couople bucks more than bike bandit, but not much more at all), paid 50% upfront, and two weeks later, when i got into san diego the parts were waiting for me at the dealer, so i went and paid the remaining balance and picked up the parts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts