Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to order a left side fairing, for my '03, and was just wondering if the ones from Bike Bandit come with the decals already applied. Also there are some foam pads attached to the inside of the fairing, are those something I need to order seperately?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I had a 0 mph tip over on mine due to a broken clutch cable, (ARRGH, don't ask) & couldn't stand to look at the hairline crack that was left. The replacement which came from Triumph had all the appropriate decals already installed, so I think you'll be good as far as thats concerned. The foam lining didn't come with the fairng tho. Its basic function is to reduce engine noise. My friend told me not to even try to pull the old foam off & put on the new one as he had no luck in doing so on his Sprint. IMO I didn't notice any difference in noise level & kept the $45 in my pocket.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered my fairing from bikebandit and it did come with the decals applied. The foam pads were extra and may not be needed but I ordered them also. Total bill with triumphrat discout was $460.00.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I ordered my fairing from bikebandit and it did come with the decals applied. The foam pads were extra and may not be needed but I ordered them also. Total bill with triumphrat discout was $460.00.
Cool! How much did it save you? $460 is cheap. I bought a Yamaha YZF600R that needed the left panel and it was $575.

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Panel Foam

Hi,

I was able to remove mine from the old panels and fix to the new.

I think they have 3 functions.

1 reduce engine noise
2 reduce panel vibration (damping)
3 Channel the air from the radiators

Rexx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts