Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 2000 T-bird back from the mechanic, replaced the battery and did a full inspection, cleaned and rebuilt the ignition switch, got it running great etc..

The horn button now produces a very quiet blart noise from the horn.. not audible above the bike revving.

Any ideas? There is still voltage to the horn, obviously, and I'm doubting the horn unit is failing..?

·
Registered
1998 TBS
354 Posts
I guess I'd try to take a couple of lengths of wire and connect the horn directly to the battery to rule out the horn itself, but I bet that when the ignition switch was rebuilt the tech had to disconnect it from inside the headlight shell. He might have disturbed the connection from the left switch grip, either the power (black and white wire) or the ground lead (black and yellow).

How are the headlights? Same circuit. If they're fine, then you've probably narrowed it to the wiring to the horn switch.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Also the horn has a screw or a nut that adjusts tone of I'm not mistaken and that can very easily be mistaken for a volume change.

Zee
2000 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
2010 BMW F650GS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts