Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to fit an alarm to my T100 but am not prepared to pay AU$686 to have the Triumph alarm fitted. I have researched for other options and the best I have found, to date, would be the Talon T-3300-ip.
http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/tri...ycle-alarm-plug--play-not-rocket-3-4905-p.asp

At less than half the price of the Triumph alarm, AU$320, this seems to be an excellent option, plugs straight in with few mods required.
Has anybody had experience with the Talon alarm or can suggest other alarm options ?
Dean

·
Registered
88 Posts
How about this?

I'm thinking of getting a Xena XX14 Motorcycle Disc Lock Alarm.

Web Bike World did a review and they seemed to like it (see the link, below).

Full retail price is $115.

Its not a full-on bike alarm, but it is a relatively less expensive alternative solution.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-lock/xena-xx14-disc-lock/

·
Registered
762 Posts
I paid 21.00 usd for a battery operated infared motion detector good to 400 feet. I set the detector on the tach/speedo and put the cover on the bike. The reciever is in my bed room. If it goes off and there is someone outside my 45 comes with me......:D

·
Registered
351 Posts
Talon 3300ip

Installed the Talon 3300ip on my '08 America. Very easy installation, though the manual is fairly sketchy on specifics of installation for any bike. The triumph specific harness is a must. Makes the installation pretty much plug & play. Alarm works very well, although the perimeter sensor is pretty touchy and takes some fine tuning with a small screwdriver to get the field size around the bike to a reasonable range. The price is hard to beat... bought mine online from www.cycleprotectionproducts.com with all options for $168 + $24 for the Triumph harness. Shipping was free.......

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I like the idea of a perimeter alarm option as a deterrent to stop people touching the bike and the blinking light to warn others that an alarm is fitted.
Bike security at home is not a problem but I get nervous on over night trips. Motel owners in Aust. are not to keen on allowing you to park your bike in the room and only a few have lockup facilities.
Durbud, I like your style but not really practical here with our gun laws :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
talon fitment

Hi Robert
Where did you fit the talon i'm keen on fitting one on my scrambler and there looks bugger all room.

Yeah the only 45 we can have in Blighty is a 7"

Cheers
Clive

·
Registered
351 Posts
Fitting Talon 3300ip on bike

I was able to mount the siren and the relay for the Talon alarm on the bracket where the AI pump used to be mounted, just below the tank. I placed the main alarm unit and perimeter sensor under the seat in front of the airbox inlet. It all fit nicely on the America in those areas. Don't know what I would have done if the AI hadn't been removed though, use of the AI mounting bracket was essential......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts