Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about how much I love my bike when one of my friends mentioned that he hates carbon fiber. I love carbon fiber and have a special edition '07 with carbon windscreen, front and rear fender, and radiator cowls, not to mention an HJC carbon helmet, and carbon on my gloves. Since so many riders opinions vary, I was wondering what you may love and espedcially hate about other riders and their bikes. I also hate stickers all over, not using blinkers, bright wheel tape, too many reflectors, and love everything black (on a bike that is). This isn't a post to argue or be right or wrong, just let it out and try not to take offense. Remember, most of us are Triumph riders, so we are all cool to begin with.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
I like them all. The posers, the studs, the cruisers, the sport bikes, the off-roaders, everything. Anyone who rides on anything s/he rides is OK by me. Everyone's story is unique and every bike a reflection of that uniqueness.

After having waxed ebullient, rubberneckers bug me. I'd complain about those riders slower than me but there are too many who are faster. So, I'll shut up and go away now. :D

·
Registered
420 Posts
Harleys. I hate Harleys. Damn, I can't ****ing stand Harleys.

EDIT: Ok let's be honest here. I pretty much am not a fan of very many motorcycle riders at all.

First off there are the Harley riders. They insist that they ride "real bikes" even though they are underpowered, overweight, have ****ty brakes and are extremely overpriced. They aren't even useful as a piece of farm equipment! Then there's the asshole in the saddle (or standing next to it thinking they look cool)...who bought the bike because they think it makes them somebody. Who's idea of "riding" is taking the 5 minute jaunt to the next bar to hang out and continue to get drunk for another hour or so.

Squids - the one's who are so far out of their element by owning a sportbike (or "crotch rocket" as squids call them) that they don't even know that they are squids! Thinking they're impressing people because they own a bike that looks fast. When the fact is that they don't look cool at all to the people that actually matter - the real riders! These are the douche bags that make me embarrassed to own a sportbike. Knowing that the general public does not think highly of me and automatically associates me with these retards wearing no gear and doing idiotic ****.

The "bigger is better" noobs. The ones who think that car driving experience, or ATV experience, or bicycle experience have anything to do with anything. They don't know the first thing about a high performance machine. Outgrowing a 600 for any mere mortal is 600 years off. Get a ****ing 250 and master that! Even an average rider on a 250 should be able to out-brake, out-corner, even get around a race track faster than a noob on a liter bike. Once you can do that you might be ready for your dream bike. If you're still alive after acting like Billy-badass for a few years on the 250, then go ahead and get whatever you want. In the mean time, quit acting like a high performance bike makes you a cool person. Its better to ride a slow bike fast than it is to ride a fast bike slow.

Anyone who's idea of "riding" is swiftly moving from stoplight to stoplight with their friends, reving their engines, and trying to get people to notice who the cool dudes are on the "crotch rockets".

Its no wonder the general public has no care at all about motorcycles. The motorcycle image has attracted too many incompetent dumbasses, and the bike owners have dug themselves the hole they are in when it comes to rights and awareness. This is a big deal to me because it affects my true livelihood. **** you if you fit into any of the categories that I mentioned.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I was thinking about how much I love my bike when one of my friends mentioned that he hates carbon fiber. I love carbon fiber and have a special edition '07 with carbon windscreen, front and rear fender, and radiator cowls, not to mention an HJC carbon helmet, and carbon on my gloves. Since so many riders opinions vary, I was wondering what you may love and espedcially hate about other riders and their bikes. I also hate stickers all over, not using blinkers, bright wheel tape, too many reflectors, and love everything black (on a bike that is). This isn't a post to argue or be right or wrong, just let it out and try not to take offense. Remember, most of us are Triumph riders, so we are all cool to begin with.
sheeet, I love everything black too (including the bike...mines yellow tho!!)... erm...no offense

·
Registered
331 Posts
The cocky guys. Can't stand them.:confused:

·
Registered
149 Posts
i just hate people in general. I don't care what bike they are on.

If they are cocky, er thinking they are better because of the bike they drive or just that they have 0 respect for others.

I guess the way I feel about people walking around is the same I feel about dumb asses on the road.

The guys that enjoy riding and connect with other riders on the road are the only ones I have time for.

the other ones can eat it

·
Registered
80 Posts
I hate the guys (my neighbor) who starts their super loud Harley every day to rev the engine for a few minutes and takes it for a 10 min ride in shorts, sandals, and his hawaiian shirt Saturday morning.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I hate corbon fiber. At least when its just little pieces here and there. Isn't carbon fiber for wieght reduction? Why not get all carbon fiber instead of just pieces. I mostly hate the tuner car deuches that have a carbon hood and an enormous spoiler on a dodge neon... stupid.

I hate showoffs that refuse to ride with you because your bike can't go 185 MPH. (my brother in law) They act like you can't keep up with them but you'll never catch them on the twisties, just striaght line show offs.

Big power talkers, I met a guy with a 2007 Ninja 650R and talked to him about our bikes for a while, he asked how much power mine had , "107 at the crank", he said his was 112... I looked it up... only 71 HP.

Don't act like your bike is bigger than it is, and don't act like your the fastest guy on two wheels, because you havent broke any records.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I dont really hate it but I dont understand the radios on some of the big touring bikes. Maybe if the tourer sounded like a triple they would want to cover up the sound with the radio.

·
Registered
14 Posts
the HD riders that have to rev thier bike as they are slowing down to stop and then rev it more after they are stopped at a light, all I can figure is that they are trying to keep it from dying.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Big power talkers, I met a guy with a 2007 Ninja 650R and talked to him about our bikes for a while, he asked how much power mine had , "107 at the crank", he said his was 112...
Well DUH! He has 50 more CC's! (That's how these guys think. They don't even know what their bike is, just wanted it because it looks cool like one of those crotch rockets that the chicks dig).

·
Registered
826 Posts
I wouldnt really say hate, but there are quite a few people out there that annoy me..

-ANNOYING-
-HARLEY RIDERS!!!- not all guys that ride harleys fit here, i have nothing against them. These are the guys that have everything harley. harley durag, harley helmet, harley googles, harley t-shirt, harley jacket, harley pants, harley boots, a harley ring, and harley rain gear in the harley hard side cases. But have their wife on the back in a harley vest, or leather harley halter top so she can get rashed up and head off to the hospital while he stays around to fill out the police report. Sometimes these guys can actually be pretty tough, you recognize these by the gotee, or chinstrap beard, the $30 plastic tough-guy novelty helmet with the huge fake DOT sticker on it, but with the $500 harley jacket. They "live to ride(on sunday)". Not to be confused with the guys that grew up through the 60's, 70's, 80's riding harleys, paid their dues and now just want a nice cushy cruiser, the guys that spent the first half of their lives going as fast as they can, now they wanna take it as slow as possible, those guys I can respect.

-Glue-on MoHawk guy- seriously. he usually rocks the cheapest helmet the dealership had, as well as a cheap factory jacket that is color matched to his bike, no gloves, and ofcourse his glue-on mohawk. They are often quick to talk down to other riders as well, basically just show their a$$ in general.

-Rough Ryders- These are the ones you see riding the overpowered, over blinged bikes. They are wearing a $500 plus helmet, but a short sleeve t-shirt. Most of their bikes are overly airbrushed/chromed/neon-lite/fiberglassed. And yes these bikes can be considered art work, a true extension of ones self. And it killed the guy to wait the whole 7months it took a "custom" bike shop to build it just for "him", he was excited to see what the extension of his self would look like. This is the OCC crowd of the sportbike world.

-AWESOME-
-Genuine "MotorHead" Guy- I work with an older guy that rides his Gixxer or plated CRF450R all year, every day, regardless of the weather. I have seen him ride in cold, icy weather where I was nervous in my 4x4 truck. He does ALL his own maintenance, wears FULL gear, knows his limits, and rides accordingly. He also orchestrates several State ran safety courses, as well as discounted track days, every year for the guys at work. He is very friendly to young riders, and very upfront and matter-of-fact about safe riding and wearing proper gear.

-Beat up Adventure Touring Bike Guy-These guys know what they like, and dont care what people think. They know that "chrome won't get you home", and usually rock side cases that can survive a nuclear blast. They seem more at ease on a back country road than the 4 lane highway and show this by wearing a rain suit so bright it almost need batteries. These are also the guys that have always stopped for me anytime I had pulled over with an issue.

*by far the worst to me is the guy that allows someone on his bike with out proper gear. the passenger might not know/realize the risks, he understand fully and just brushes their safety to the side. NOT COOL.

**Disclaimer: These are my own personal opinions, created through my own unique personal experiences. I did not post them with the intent to offend everyone, just the people that annoy me(J/K). If I did offend you, and you are pissed, by all means feel free to reply with why you hate -People that annoy me Guy-... I like this thread, keep them coming. Sorry my post is so long, I just polished off two esspresso's and once i got going, well you know, you read it. :D

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
+1 on the olde Harley riders! They are not the least bit pretentious and at one point in their long lives have owned a Triumph or 2!

The ones that look at you as if you are the plague can get bent...:knockknock:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have no real gripes with other RIDERS.

But that does come down to your definition of rider... A guy who owns a harley or similar cruiser just to polish the chrome on it every weekend, but rack up only 300 miles or so a year i do NOT consider a rider. I know guys with harleys who rack up several thousand miles a year, using their bikes to commute back and forth or for road trips and what not. They ride their bikes because they enjoy the feel of riding, not because it is shiny (theirs actualy are far from it) to turn heads and get attention. I often ride in groups of mixed bikes, from your basic dual sport to a sport bike to gold wings... just for the sake of going out and finding some nice pavement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love naked bikes. Right now I have a SV650 and hope to move to a Speed Trip. What I hate is running into some one who looks at my bike and tells me what I should have bought. "You should have gotten an R6, Gixxer, CBR, Ninja"

I also hate squids who can't ride for sh*t. I was following behind this guy on an R6. We went around this decreasing radius exit and he slowed down so much, I could have gotten off my SV, and walked it around the exit faster than he was going. I was tempted to just pass him on the inside. Of course, as soon as we hit the straights, he took off like a bat out of hell. Big whup douchebag, I could train a monkey to ride fast in the straight.

I hate the "loud pipes save lives" mentality. Pick up a physics book and read about the doppler effect. You are just annoying the hell out of people.

I hate people who rip me for wearing full gear. "It's too hot for all that crap". Well, sweat cleans up a lot easier than blood. Also, wearing a t-shirt and shorts in 95 degree weather will dehydrate you much faster. If its too hot for me to put on my gear, its too hot to ride.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I dislike (don't care enough to actually hate) other riders that think their beliefs of gear, riding style, bike manufacturer.....are better than mine, yours or the next guy.

my bike, my life, my beliefs.

this goes for any aspect of my life though.

I'm all for discussion dont get me wrong but I don't like it when someone "tells" me that I need to wear something or that bike X is better than mine.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts