Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've decided on keeping my stock seat and doing some work to it to make it more comfortable... but the lady friend still isn't too keen on the stock pillion pad. Any ideas on a different/wider pad that will work with the stock rider seat? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
684 Posts
As far as I know nobody makes a different passenger seat that works with the stock rider seat. You may have to have one custom made, which probably wouldn't be all that expensive since it's just the passenger seat.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
You should be able to have the dinky stock pillion repadded to make it more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Triumph long haul pillion seat will work with the standard seat. There will be a gap between the two seats that might be hidden if you are going to modify the regular riders seat. If you had the back end of the rider seat made a bit thicker it should fill that gap. I bought the long haul pillion seat and used it for a short time before installing a Corbin dual tour seat which is an excellent seat. The only down side with the Corbin is the Triumph back rest is a bit too far away from the Corbin seat which makes for too much of a lean back for the passenger. The Corbin back rest works OK but is not as high as the Triumph one and also requires you make mods to the Triumph rack that normally holds the back rest. I am in the process of making a new frame for the Triumph back rest as it is a better unit than the Corbin one.

·
Registered
377 Posts
So I've decided on keeping my stock seat and doing some work to it to make it more comfortable... but the lady friend still isn't too keen on the stock pillion pad. Any ideas on a different/wider pad that will work with the stock rider seat? Thanks for the help!
I told my old lady to lose some weight and the seat would fit her ass. For some odd reason I'm single again.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Rick Mayer, Rich Mayer, Russell Daylong

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Their site looks good... I'll have to give Russell Daylong a call and see what pricing looks like. Thanks for the help guys.

Related note... the girlfriend did not appreciate me kindly asking her to fit her ass to the seat. Oh well, worth a shot I suppose

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The Triumph long haul pillion seat will work with the standard seat. There will be a gap between the two seats that might be hidden if you are going to modify the regular riders seat. If you had the back end of the rider seat made a bit thicker it should fill that gap.
I don't know about that...it's a huge gap. I think it's safe to say that the seats do not work together. I suppose one could modify the driver's seat, but it would have to be a rather substantial modification, as suggested by this photo of the longhaul pillion with the standard seat:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you... exactly the picture I was looking for. That seems like a big gap. Aren't they made out of different materials as well?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Thank you... exactly the picture I was looking for. That seems like a big gap. Aren't they made out of different materials as well?
The picture I've seen seem to suggest so...the stock is slightly more dark and has kind of a polished finish, while the longhaul is a softer, slightly more light-colored. Kind of a vinyl vs leather look.

·
Registered
43 Posts
They are different materials; the long haul seat appears to be better quality.
Unfortunately when I bought mine nobody seemed to have a photo of how it would look with the standard seat.
I played with the idea of getting the riders seat modified but then decided that for not much more I could get he Corbin.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah that makes sense. I've looked into the Corbin, not a big fan of the styling personally but I've heard good things about the comfort.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts