Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems to confirm more than anything so far that the rumored 1500-1600 cruiser is a reality. I cannot wait if this is true. Just hope it's not too expensive. If it turns out to be real i think it's going to be a huge seller and will suck up a lot of otherwise potential 900 twin and rocket customers, assuming of course it's nice. i think it would be triumph's idea of competition for harley's market, so hopefully they'll dress in in the finest materials like HD does but w/o the extreme price tag of a HD.

80-90 HP, speedy-like looks.......mmmmmmmm ! Just call me Sal.......short for salivating. :-D

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Daz, WHAT seems to confirm? Was there supposed to be a link? :???:

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
So if it's a foregone conclusion, the only question becomes will it have chrome accents like the America? Or the dark look of the Speedmaster?

[ This message was edited by: Silverado57 on 2006-12-11 19:09 ]

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On 2006-12-11 18:42, MA0458 wrote:
Daz, WHAT seems to confirm? Was there supposed to be a link? :???:
Mare, i think you age is showing......better get an eye exam. :-D The first word ("This") in my post is a link.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On 2006-12-11 18:47, Silverado57 wrote:
So if it's a foregone conclusion, the only question becomes will it have chrome accents like the America? Or the dark look of the Speedmaster?
To be honest i'm not perticulary concened with that. Black would be nice because i like the look and it's so much easier to clean. But with 90 HP or thereabouts (a guess) i can live without any black. :-D Besides, i like the "other look" just fine. I prefer the black look, but in the scheme of things it's not real important if the rest is really happening. Now if the look is as ugly as the non black rocket i may think twice. The black rocket looks fine, but as ugly as the motor is the non black one makes it stand out like a sore thumb. But if it's air cooled then we don't have to worry about it being the rumored 2 cylinder version of the rocket engine. I just hope it stays as true to the original triumphs as the current twin do.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Better yet Daz, maybe they'll make a chrome-y and a dark version, like the current America and Speedmaster choices.

Nah, that would be too good to be true. :razz:

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what i meant. I have a fair deal of chrome on mine. If it were mostly black i'd have a LOT of accessorising to do, or i'd be spending a lot of time at the platers. I don't like VERY black bikes. Just the engine, and not the whole engine which you can tyell by my cam cover. I think black looks great, but only when contrasted by chrome and some color at least on the tank.

·
Registered
121 Posts
personally, I would like to see something completely different. Don't ask me what, but definitely a cruisy number that takes on all its opposition and particularly .....

Let's really see the empire strike back

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1)-3 guys said thier dealers saw a pic of the thing !
2)-it's the one big hole in the triumph linup
3)-i think it's undeniable it would be very popular

So from my perspective it would seem unlikly that it ISN'T true.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On 2006-12-12 16:39, mjtool wrote:
Dang, and I just bought my speedy :mad:

mike
Well, don't get too upset just yet. Who knows what this bike will be like. Once there are pics and specs then you'll know whether to be upset or not.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
"Old" ain't no joke. When I opened the post tonite, it (THIS) just about jumped out and bit me. Sorry.............

·
Registered
33 Posts
Spoke to my dealer yesterday, and he rekons the 1600cc, air cooled, injected, vertical twin, shaft drive, cruiser style, putting down around 100hp, is absofreakinlutely on the way early 08. Holding my breath........Oh yeah, priced about half way between Speedy and Rocket.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
And what do y'all think they will call this new bike? :???:

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
On 2006-12-15 21:42, meatwagon wrote:
And what do y'all think they will call this new bike? :???:
"Pure Heaven". At least thats what i'd call it. And unless theres something very wrong with it to my eye, it will be mine. Not sure i like the idea of shaft, but i think i can live with that the same way i could deal with Pam Anderson with a mole. And in that case a shaft would also be in the equasion. :roflmoa2:

·
Registered
422 Posts
On 2006-12-15 21:17, Bluespoke wrote:
Spoke to my dealer yesterday, and he rekons the 1600cc, air cooled, injected, vertical twin, shaft drive, cruiser style, putting down around 100hp
I could go for air cooled. Not sure I would like a water cooled Triumph.
webBikeWorld article.

·
Registered
121 Posts
daz, you're dreamin to think your shaft would be in pammie's equasion

1 - 20 of 39 Posts