Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Sacrilege !! How could someone do this to a Tiger :eek:

Mind you, sounds just as tappety as mine :D

I wonder how many miles per gallon he's getting, and is it worth it now that diesel is more expensive than petrol ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sacrilege !! How could someone do this to a Tiger :eek:

Mind you, sounds just as tappety as mine :D

I wonder how many miles per gallon he's getting, and is it worth it now that diesel is more expensive than petrol ??
estimated mpg is over 100 imperial gal./hr

Estimated cause he has just switched to 6 speed from a 4speed and then started playing with a compressor upgrade before he had a chance to get new milage figures.

He is in Germany I think.

In most of the US diesel has allways been more expensive that Petrol

Where are you?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Hi Mate,

100mpg sounds like it might be worth doing.

I'm in the UK, and petrol was always more expensive than diesel until a couple of years ago.

Petrol is much more refined than diesel and therefore should be more expensive.

The Fuel Company's say diesel is now more expensive than petrol because of the cost of making it so clean, but in my opinion it's because diesel is becoming so popular with much more MPG, they are just cashing in on it :mad:

And here in the UK we are still paying over 70% of the cost to fill up on Tax and VAT - shocking, truly shocking :mad::mad:

Better stop now, before I really get started - right where's my calm place :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Its seems to have some grunt, how about throwing a turbo in the mix?

And you could use it to plow the paddock or run a generator whilst not riding...

Cheers,

Roden

·
Registered
39 Posts
Very nicely done. The motor looks like it belongs there. Practical or not, the builder gets my vote for creativity and craftsmanship. And what a sound!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts